Koast radio II

Hi

Would just like to add about Koast.

We are going to be based in the Community Centre, however due to the delay in that opening, we will have to wait.

Our website has had some hics, however is now being put together. The aim is to start preview streaming mid to end of November.

We have been approached by Ultra Radio to join forces, however from the information provided by them, feel that they have nothing to bring to Koast. We wish them well and we will be continuing our own path, with a number of trial broadcasts next year, hopefully leading to an announcement from Offcom of more licences being released, by which time we will be in a position to apply.

Community radio is a very expensive business. We have been lucky enough to secure a fair amount of funding so far, and continue to put bids in. Grant bids normally take arounf 4 months to get a response, so its a very slow process.

We have the backing on a number of town councils and look forward to working with them in order to make South Northumberland a more cohesive place to live. to give a platform from which the community can have a say and to provide entertaining programming.

We take advice and guidance from a number of radio professionals who work or have worked in commericial radio and we want to get it right. There is no point rushing things just to win the "who broadcasts first" prize. We are not about that.... we want things to be right for NOrthumberland. We want to have forged links with the right people and organisations and have an idea of where we are going.

If you would like to be involved, please get in touch. My email address is vickymusic72@hotmail.co.uk

Hope you enjoy what we have to offer

post-2507-037399100 1288282236_thumb.jpg

Dear All

I would like to thank everyone for the recent posts to the thread I began all those many months ago. I`m rather taken aback by the flurry of activety.

I`m sorry if it appeared to some that time has gone by without anything seemingly happening with our project. But that could not be further from the truth.

Myself Neal & Colin have been endlessly applying to funding streams to get Synergy off the ground. But it seems we have not been as lucky as some.

You may remember our luck changed for the better, about a year ago, when we were kindly offered premises in Bedlington This spurred us on to keep going. For that we are so grateful.

My original reason for posting tonight was to tell you that we would like to hold an open public meeting sometime in November to discuss our project.

We would probably try to get the Salvation Army hall.

Would you to come?

Keep the comments coming please.

Can I just add.... I would not say Koast have had "luck". I am experienced in this area... I know what I am doing and have worked exceptionally hard to ensure Koast has a path to follow and a sound plan in place to make it a success..... I feel you using the word luck is a little unfair. Koast deserves this funding because of the experienced professionals on board and the skill base and aims we have.

Can I just add.... I would not say Koast have had "luck". I am experienced in this area... I know what I am doing and have worked exceptionally hard to ensure Koast has a path to follow and a sound plan in place to make it a success..... I feel you using the word luck is a little unfair. Koast deserves this funding because of the experienced professionals on board and the skill base and aims we have.

Are we witnessing the begining of radio wars :D

No Pete I think there is more to this than meets the eye, I get the feeling that there has been some 'Shenanigans' going on here, the feeling of gleaning information for personal gain, also of an abuse of inside information, like, it's not what you know, but WHO! Something just doesn't sit right here, and you know what, I'm going to make it my business to find out!

• Like 2

No Pete I think there is more to this than meets the eye, I get the feeling that there has been some 'Shenanigans' going on here, the feeling of gleaning information for personal gain, also of an abuse of inside information, like, it's not what you know, but WHO! Something just doesn't sit right here, and you know what, I'm going to make it my business to find out!

One thing that puzzles me Merlin and perhaps one of these radio reps can provide an answer is that these station names are not original.

Koast has a station or a station with the same name in America. Synergy is a name used by many stations dotted around the country, are these stations truly independent or are they part of a larger network? I am not trying to be offensive Just asking like.

Edited by Pete

Merlin

Please feel free to contact me at any time. I have nothing to hide at all... you have my email address, my mobile is 07875437476. Please dont hide behind a forum. Call me and lets discuss this.

For the record.... I'm an accountant, I have no personal gain to achieve at all.... I will not be on air. I've given up a well paid full time job to do this. Please let me know what my personal ain will be? Other than going back to my passion and roots of radio. Its all about wanting to make a difference to our community. My job did not give methat anymore

I'm not sure how you can discount us without even giving us a chance.

Kindest Regards. Vicky

One thing that puzzles me Merlin and perhaps one of these radio reps can provide an answer is that these station names are not original.

Koast has a station or a station with the same name in America. Synergy is a name used by many stations dotted around the country, are these stations truly independent or are they part of a larger network? I am not trying to be offensive Just asking like.

Can I comment on Koast. We picked the name because of our location..... we are very close to the coastal area.... unfortunately website names coast.co.uk and .com were taken so we had the idea of spelling it with a K instead.

Thats the plain and simple answer on how Koast was born.

I think if Synergy were part of a wider corporation I don't think funding would have been a problem. The thing that bugs me is, Synergy have been trying for a good while to set up, then when the winning post is sight, low and behold two others appear, but not just on the horizon, no, these other two seem to have jet propulsion in their schemes! Where did they get their ideas from? Why now, when Synergy were so close? Why did they not try to set up before? Did someone in the know think 'Cor blimey, that's a good idea' I'll have some of that? How did it take Synergy so long to get Cooncil attention, then this Toast :whistle: waltzes in and gets every thing they want within a matter of weeks. Ideas, I think , have been snaffled. Something stinks to high heaven here. I would hate to think that someone in the cooncil employ, or ex employ, has had privy information on this matter, or priveleges extended. Because believe you me I WILL find out. BEWARE :devil:

• Like 1

I think if Synergy were part of a wider corporation I don't think funding would have been a problem. The thing that bugs me is, Synergy have been trying for a good while to set up, then when the winning post is sight, low and behold two others appear, but not just on the horizon, no, these other two seem to have jet propulsion in their schemes! Where did they get their ideas from? Why now, when Synergy were so close? Why did they not try to set up before? Did someone in the know think 'Cor blimey, that's a good idea' I'll have some of that? How did it take Synergy so long to get Cooncil attention, then this Toast :whistle: waltzes in and gets every thing they want within a matter of weeks. Ideas, I think , have been snaffled. Something stinks to high heaven here. I would hate to think that someone in the cooncil employ, or ex employ, has had privy information on this matter, or priveleges extended. Because believe you me I WILL find out. BEWARE :devil:

When we set up Koast, we had honestly no idea about Synergy. I have always been part of radio in some form or another, infact after a few weeks of setting up Synergy contact Koast and that wasthe first we knew of an alternative group.

I won;t be drawn into public arguments. I have said all I have to say on the matter. Koast have taken no ideas from anyone.

Like I have said... feel free to contact me at any time.... we have nothing to hide.

You really thing because I worked at the Council I would have known about Synergy and have been able to take their ideas....? I think you are very sadly mistaken. THe Council employs over 8000 employess with a number of different departments.

Unfortunately from now on I won#t be commenting anymore. Please contact me and we can discuss this

Kindest regards

Can I comment on Koast. We picked the name because of our location..... we are very close to the coastal area.... unfortunately website names coast.co.uk and .com were taken so we had the idea of spelling it with a K instead.

Thats the plain and simple answer on how Koast was born.

So why not Cambois Radio, or don't you know that Bedlington isn't on the Toast. You really know naff all about Bedlington when the the truth is known. Your best idea is to BOGOF! Bedlington Only Greets Our Friends. a say BEDLINGTON ONLY GREETS OUR FRIENDS.

• Like 1

So why not Cambois Radio, or don't you know that Bedlington isn't on the Toast. You really know naff all about Bedlington when the the truth is known. Your best idea is to BOGOF! Bedlington Only Greets Our Friends. a say BEDLINGTON ONLY GREETS OUR FRIENDS.

I live in Bedlington and have done for 21 years.

When we set up Koast, we had honestly no idea about Synergy. I have always been part of radio in some form or another, infact after a few weeks of setting up Synergy contact Koast and that wasthe first we knew of an alternative group.

I won;t be drawn into public arguments. I have said all I have to say on the matter. Koast have taken no ideas from anyone.

Like I have said... feel free to contact me at any time.... we have nothing to hide.

You really thing because I worked at the Council I would have known about Synergy and have been able to take their ideas....? I think you are very sadly mistaken. THe Council employs over 8000 employess with a number of different departments.

Unfortunately from now on I won#t be commenting anymore. Please contact me and we can discuss this

Kindest regards

Too near the truth I think :closed:

• Like 1

So an accountant eh! No personal gain :dribble: :dribble: That's got to be a first :wacko: You should hang your head in shame :fish::devil:

I am rather perplexed as to why someone with no connection to any of the three services being discussed, should have such an outpouring of malevolent abuse. It's unpleasant and serves no purpose, except to portray yourself as immature and having some personal issues, that really should be addressed.

Just an observation.

Mine are just observations as well, great start to a radio station if you can't take criticism. I suppose there must be something in what I say. Why else get so worked up. Any way thought you weren't talking about this any more. New member, new post, what's the matter? can't you have a go under toast. Or am I completely off the mark NOT!!!!!!!

Mine are just observations as well, great start to a radio station if you can't take criticism. I suppose there must be something in what I say. Why else get so worked up. Any way thought you weren't talking about this any more. New member, new post, what's the matter? can't you have a go under toast. Or am I completely off the mark NOT!!!!!!!

Your liberal use of emoticons, wild allegations, assumptions and plain unsubstantiated rantings suggest you should be tucked up in bed right now, but it is half term, I grant you.

If you read your 'contributions', you must concede that, you haven't actually constuctively criticised anything. Your purile, distasteful outpourings do you no favours whatsoever.

In truth, you are way out of your depth on every level.

As Century doesn't exist anymore, that's one good reason.

Evidently, you're not up to speed with radio in the NE.

so what it changed its name to real radio - different name same !*!@#! why doesnt koast come on and answer my original question which was a fair question to ask. i can smell a hypocrite!

'evidently', your mate vicky isnt capable of speaking her own mind and needs u to do it for her. why doesnt she tell us her real background and where she comes from ie what actual experiance of broadcasting does she have, what stations has she worked for?

so wat it changed its name to real radio - different name same !*!@#! why doesnt koast come on and answer my original question which was a fair question to ask. i can smell a hypocrite!

'evidently', your mate vicky isnt capable of speaking her own mind and needs u to do it for her. why doesnt she tell us her real background and where she comes from ie what actual experiance of broadcasting does she have, what stations has she worked for?

Again, your ignorance in broadcasting matters is evident. Century, although owned by GMG had more that just a name change. The Real format is completely different, as is the line up. Surely, with you being an experienced radio professional and all that, I thought you would have identified this.

Your question, was not asked of Vicky, was it?. Read the thread.

Furthermore, as you well know, Vicky is more than capable of speaking her own mind, albeit with things you don't want to hear.

But thanks for outing yourself, it was fun.

so what it changed its name to real radio - different name same !*!@#! why doesnt koast come on and answer my original question which was a fair question to ask. i can smell a hypocrite!

I've been sleep typing again!!!!! :whistle::lol:

I can only hope the output of your radio station is more tangible than your efforts on here. And I mean tangible in every sense of the word ;-)

hope thats a good word for that radio station!!!! like what scott of the antartic said" i HOPE i can find me way home" :lol:

I can only hope the output of your radio station is more tangible than your efforts on here. And I mean tangible in every sense of the word ;-)

Not sure if i`m missing something here, but i can`t find any posts where Monsta mentions having a radio station?

I can find a post where he asked about Vicky`s radio background (which no-one seems to be able to find)

Hopefully, Vicky will appear soon to answer that one.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now