The most bizarre rescues made from furniture by North East firefighters have been revealed - including a man who got his testicles trapped in a commode.
On top of tackling fires and keeping the public safe, firefighters do get a number of red-faced callers who get into some embarrassing predicaments.
Firefighters have been called out to people of all ages from babies to pensioners. There have been many people becoming trapped on commodes, beds and sofas while children were most commonly stuck in cots or baby bath seats.
The testicles incident in Blyth is just one of 55 peculiar incidents unearthed as a result of a freedom of information request to North East fire and rescue services over the past four years.
Others in Northumberland include a nine-month old child stuck in a bath seat, a 96-year-old getting trapped in a stairway bannister and stool and a child getting their thumb stuck to a metal bed frame.
A spokeswoman for Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service advised members of the public to "be careful".
View the full article at The Chronicle
Report News Article