1. What does a cricket umpire signal by raising one arm horizontally?
Answer = No Ball
2. Which writer was imprisoned because of his relationship with Lord Alfred Douglas?
Answer = Oscar Wilde
3. A strobilus is another name for what?
Answer = Cone
A strobilus (plural: strobili) is a structure present on many land plant species consisting of sporangia-bearing structures densely aggregated along a stem. Strobili are often called cones, but some botanists restrict the use of the term cone to the woody seedstrobili of conifers.
4. What was the occupation during the French revolution of a tricoteuse?
Answer = Knitter
5. When referring to radio waves what do the initials AM stand for?
Answer = Amplitude Modulation - that is only transmitted between 00:00 and 12:00
6. Which island separates the two principal parts of Niagara Falls?
Answer = Goat Island
There are eight goats total on the island, seven adults and one baby.
7. In which film did Bob Hoskins play Eddie Valiant?
Answer = Who Framed Roger Rabbit
8. Who won the women’s Olympic 100 metres in 1992?
Answer = Gail Devers – by a finger nail
9. Which terrier is the largest of the terrier breeds?
Answer = Gateway Terrier
10. In mythology what happened if you drank the water of the River Lethe?
Answer = Can’t remember what I did yesterday = that’s normal
11. For every seven white keys on a piano how many black keys are there?
Answer = 5 = we should start a campaign to get more black keys + some other colours
12. The deficiency of which vitamin can cause rickets?
Answer = D = stops me bones from collapsing
I’ll bet you didn’t know ….
Queen Christina of Sweden had a 10 cm long cannon which she used to fire cannonballs at flies!
Answer = I didn’t.
I wonder if she used a Cotton Wool Bud as a sponge instead of a long staff or rammer with a piece of fleece sheep or lambskin wound about its end for scouring the cannon when discharged.