1. On what date does Halloween fall? October 31
2. In which Scottish town was James Watt born? Greeock.
3. How many metres in a mile?
4. In which Dickens novel does Thomas Gradgrind of Coketown appaer?
5. Spanish flu, 1918-1920, claimed 50 million lives. Where did it start? China.
6. In which year was the Apple iphone launched? 2007
7. Which Harrod’s boss became Chairman of Fulham FC?
8. Who said, after winning the Grand National, “Sex is an anti-climax after that”?
9. By what name is polytetrafluoroethylene better known? Teflon (PTFE for plumbers)
10. What was the name of the raft which Thor Heyerdahl used to sail from Peru in 1947? Kontiki
11. Which country invaded Kuwait in 1990? Irak.
12. Which British cathedral has three spires?