1. Who was the first American to orbit the earth?
Answer = John Glenn - February 20, 1962
John Glenn became the first American to orbit Earth. From Cape Canaveral, Florida, John Hershel Glenn Jr. was successfully launched into space aboard the Friendship 7 spacecraft.
2. Who was the ‘fastest mouse in all Mexico’?
Answer = Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales was fast enough to travel a 30 meter run in about 3 seconds. That's 22.3694 MPH.
3. With which branch of medicine is Mesmer associated?
Answer = Hypnotism
1968 – I was hypnotised, on stage, at the Domino night club but I can’t remember the name of the guy – David ??????
4. What colour is a moonstone?
Answer = Adularescence OR a wide range of body colours = white, grey, brown, pink, orange, green, yellow and colourless.
5. Which Irish county is Blarney in?
Answer = Cork
Did you know that after you do kiss the Blarney Stone, also referred to as the Stone of Eloquence, legend has it you will be bestowed with the gift of gab? People have been visiting Blarney for over 200 years to kiss the Blarney Stone.
6. What do deltiologists collect?
Answer = postcards
= sadness + stamps
7. What type of tree is a Pirus Malus?
Answer = deciduous ( apple )
8. What is a labret?
Answer = stud
9. A pearl wedding celebrates how many years of marriage?
Answer = 30
10. In which town do the Flintstones live?
Answer = Bedrock
11. Which football player advertised Brut in the 1980s?
Answer = Kevin Keegan – alongside Henry Cooper.
12. If B is Bravo and N is November, what is S?
Answer = Sierra
I’ll bet you didn’t know ….
The custom of carrying a flaming torch from Athens to the site of the Olympic Games was started by Adolf Hitler in 1936.
The Olympic flame was introduced to the modern Games in 1928 when it burnt atop a pillar above the stadium in Amsterdam. Four years later the same was repeated in Los Angeles. At both of these events the flame was lit on site at the stadium. Carl Diem devised the idea of the torch relay for the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin that was organized by the Nazi Party under the guidance of Joseph Goebbels. The process was ratified by the International Olympic Committee and has been repeated at all the Games that have followed.