Pc Gaming And Gamepads.

Cympil

Anyone know which PC games can be played with a gamepad and not a keyboard/mouse combination? There`s a lot of folk say that games on the pc are a lot better graphic wise but i`ve always been put off by the fact i would have to use the keyboard..or do i?

Any kind of games would do, as long as i can use a gamepad :D

• Like 1

Anyone know which PC games can be played with a gamepad and not a keyboard/mouse combination? There`s a lot of folk say that games on the pc are a lot better graphic wise but i`ve always been put off by the fact i would have to use the keyboard..or do i?

Someone asked me a simmiler question a while back, and when i asked my gaming buddies, they reccommended a program called Joy to Key

Apparently what this does is allow you to assign your joypad buttons to certain keyboard keys, so if the left arrow in the game moved you left, you could assign that to the left push on the gamepad etc.

might take some setting up the first time, but i believe once its configured it saves as a profile so you can choose it again at ease.

DISCLAIMER: i have not used the software, and i dont recall getting any feedback from it (i would have expected some if it didn't work/was riddled with viruses).

you may want to search for reviews from this before downloading, just in case. and of course, run it thru your Anti-Virus just to be sure, setting a restore point and backing up any important files (you should do this before installing anything new anyway.)

i know it aint what your looking for, but may be a work-around for you.

Hope it helps! ;)

depends on the game!

depends on the game!

let me expand on that!

some games like driving games etc it is essential, other games i.e battlefield 2 for example a game pad would be useless even if you used a knacky program to link the keys! and other games such as simulators etc you can use both.

so as i said depends on the game! :D

Someone asked me a simmiler question a while back, and when i asked my gaming buddies, they reccommended a program called Joy to Key

Apparently what this does is allow you to assign your joypad buttons to certain keyboard keys, so if the left arrow in the game moved you left, you could assign that to the left push on the gamepad etc.

might take some setting up the first time, but i believe once its configured it saves as a profile so you can choose it again at ease.

DISCLAIMER: i have not used the software, and i dont recall getting any feedback from it (i would have expected some if it didn't work/was riddled with viruses).

you may want to search for reviews from this before downloading, just in case. and of course, run it thru your Anti-Virus just to be sure, setting a restore point and backing up any important files (you should do this before installing anything new anyway.)

i know it aint what your looking for, but may be a work-around for you.

Hope it helps! ;)

Good idea there, but i was hoping for something i could just play using a gamepad without actually having to set my controller up or download anything.

I like things that are easy and hassel free as possible :D

• Like 1

let me expand on that!

some games like driving games etc it is essential, other games i.e battlefield 2 for example a game pad would be useless even if you used a knacky program to link the keys! and other games such as simulators etc you can use both.

so as i said depends on the game! :D

So do you know any pc games which would play just using a gamepad?

• Like 1

Do you use the pc for gaming Monsta? If so, what games can you recommend?

i used to use it for gaming (battlefield 2/ 2142ad, quake 4 rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2, grid, crysis and mass effect some of the better games i played) ,but know i prefer the xbox 360 as you dont have to sit in craned over a keyboard for hours.

i used to use it for gaming (battlefield 2/ 2142ad, quake 4 rainbow 6 vegas 1 and 2, grid, crysis and mass effect some of the better games i played) ,but know i prefer the xbox 360 as you dont have to sit in craned over a keyboard for hours.

I played Grid on the 360, i had to give up with it at the finish, i couldn`t get the hang of the driving..other than the skidding bit what you had to do, i was raker at that :lol:

• Like 1

I played Grid on the 360, i had to give up with it at the finish, i couldn`t get the hang of the driving..other than the skidding bit what you had to do, i was raker at that :lol:

a bet you played it on easy too! :lol::lol: the final race against raven wests nathan mccain is mint!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now