Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
Nicknamed The Woody school, as it was mainly constructed of wooden planks. The school of our mate, Keith Lockey. Don't know when it first opened but it first appears on the 1951 ordnance survey map and it is not on the previous map of 1938. Destroyed by fire in 1969. When the replacement school was built, opening in 1974, it combined with the grammar school to be Bedlingtonshire Community High School.