McGregor/MacGregor

Not sure of the spelling for this surname but I'm trying to find out what happened to Mac McGregor. I don't know his first name as he always went by the name Mac. I think he would have been born  1930ish and he  used to play the piano around the Bedlington pubs and clubs in the 50s and possibly into the 60s. At that time he was unmarried. Always smartly dressed and in particular when on stage - maroon smoking jacket, black trousers and sometimes a bow tie. I think he was a miner and may have lived in the Hartlands area. Any information welcome: married, children,adress, deceased etc. Everything of interest.

Edited by Canny lass

@Canny lass - posted your comment on the Bygone Bedlington Facebook group and have received two replies to the post to date + one 'private message' via the Facebook Messenger service.

I have PMed you the private message. These are the two posted comments. 

Bygone Bedlington replies.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks Eggy! I can't think of anything else. A date of death could lead me into other archives but I can start on the years around 1990 and see what the obituary columns give. We always had a piano at home but nobody used it except Mac, especially on New years Eve. I think half of Netherton joined in the sing-a-long.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Thanks Eggy! I can't think of anything else. A date of death could lead me into other archives but I can start on the years around 1990 and see what the obituary columns give. We always had a piano at home but nobody used it except Mac, especially on New years Eve. I think half of Netherton joined in the sing-a-long.

I wonder if James Lee Aynsley, ex Netherton Colliery lad, will remember him? I will 'tag' him on the Bygone Bedlington FB group.:)

@Canny lass - because of the comment Alan Brady, ex Netherton Colliery lad, posted in response to my request for info on George MacGregor :-

1653258173_AlanBrady.jpg.629d2c150ece1abe2a1db8867df7d473.jpg

where he mentions Geordie's marra Bob Morland  I created a new post on the Facebook group - Past Times History - that I know are two ex Netherton Colliery people = Robert Morland and Joan Morland, to see if they knew anything about Bob Morland's mate George MacGregor. 

Unfortunately one of the Past Time History group admins must have deemed my post was not about the past and a Bedlington man and they have deleted my posting before Robert & Joan Morland have responded to it. :(

Before admin deleted the posting I did get a response which gave the address of George MacGregor on the Hartlands estate plus a message via the FB private messenger service. This is a screen shot from my PC showing both responses :-

101 Hartlands.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now