Howard House history-help

Hi everyone,  my name is Marlena.

I am working in Howard House since July and I am reseraching info in relation to Howard House, surroundings etc. I am very much interested in the history of when the house was build, who build the home, and the purpose of the house.

I would be very grateful for any intresting facts, photographs etc.

Thank You

Marlena

12 hours ago, Marlena Preece said:

Hi everyone,  my name is Marlena.

I am working in Howard House since July and I am reseraching info in relation to Howard House, surroundings etc. I am very much interested in the history of when the house was build, who build the home, and the purpose of the house.

I would be very grateful for any intresting facts, photographs etc.

Thank You

Marlena

Welcome @Marlena Preece. I know of Howard House, Netherton Colliery, but I never lived at the Colliery so don't have any info to give.

However there are postings, in the Discussion section and the Gallery section, of Netherton Colliery and Howard House.

As well as the other members giving info you could use the search facility at the top right hand corner of the screen. If you enter more than one word into the search bar then it is best to add quotation marks around the words otherwise the system will return every item it finds for each word eg "howard house" will only search for that phrase but - howard house - without quotes searches for every comment with either howard or house in it:).

1758927430_Searchfacility.thumb.png.14ef3aad481b7e79c477fbf92781808e.png

There are photos in the Gallery section under the 'Historic Bedlington' albums

This is a direct link to an album by @Carole and there are a couple of old photos or Howard House and the staff in the album :-

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now