Family information - Margaret Burn

Burnb

I’ve been researching my family history and have come to a bit of a dead end and wondered if anyone here might be able to help.

My Grandad Stanley Allen Burn was born to Margaret Ann Burn on 18/2/1933 and was adopted by someone else in the family.  No father was named on the birth certificate but her address was 25 Beatty Road, Bedlington.  I’m assuming they kept in touch as my Dad remembers going to that address when he was little, but no one spoke of what had happened (as was the norm back then!)

I can’t find anything about Margaret or how she fits into the ‘Burn’ family.

If anyone can shed any light I would be grateful!

😀

Yes John and Ruth were his adoptive parents.  I think Margaret might have also been their daughter, but Ruth would have been 15 when she was born so I’m not 100% sure.

Also Margaret disappeared off the radar before and after his birth, so not sure what happened to her.

It's starting to look like Stanley A was adopted by Margaret's brother, John George.

Can you give me the following information:

Where was Stanley A Burn's birth registered. District and sub-district would be helpful. You'll find them both at the top of the birth certificate (I'm presuming that you have it as you know the address). Also, who registered the birth and what was their address?

John George Burn (Stanley's adoptive father), was his father also called John George?

I understand if you don't want to publish this ifamily info. You can message me here if it feels better, just move your cursor over the purple hat and it will take you to my profile and a messaging service.

If it's easier you can photograph the birth certificate and message it to me.

Edited by Canny lass

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now