New members

@Andy Millne- I'm intrigued by what I believe to be new members that I would categorise as 'phishing' for new targets to scam.

I could be totally wrong and if so I apologise unreservedly to those I am referring to :- 

Project1.png.335b3f0d059221f3a461fec1755eedd1.png

I know everyone has their own naming standards that they use when joining community groups and lately this group might get one new member every couple of weeks aand here is occasionally an unusual nom de plume but 4 in three days, using a similar naming format, is, to me, suspicious:innocent:.

Can we tell from the group 'activity log' what, if anything, the new members are looking for?

Eggy  

Yes, those are clearly spammers. There are a number of things we do behind the scenes to prevent spammers being able to register but occasionally some get through. There's nothing to worry about however, all new members have their content and actions moderated until they are shown to be genuine members.

If any spam content is posted it can also be reported. There are some automated actions so that if a number of people report the same content it is automatically hidden to be dealt with by a moderator.

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Andy Millne said:

Yes, those are clearly spammers. There are a number of things we do behind the scenes to prevent spammers being able to register but occasionally some get through. There's nothing to worry about however, all new members have their content and actions moderated until they are shown to be genuine members.

If any spam content is posted it can also be reported. There are some automated actions so that if a number of people report the same content it is automatically hidden to be dealt with by a moderator.

Thanks Andy 👌

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now