covid vaccinations - for everyone

If you are eligible(at least 6 months since your 2nd jab) you should arrange a visit. I've just checked the Covid app run by Dr Zoe and my area, Northumberland, has 7,110 active cases. That is up 1,756 from last week.

Friends of mine, 77yrs and 80yrs, were at Guidepost scouts hut on sunday morning with an appointment time for their booster. The queue was down the street and they got their jabs 1hr after their allotted time. It was a shambles. I'm not surprised when it's walk in no appointment required. What is the point of making an appointment?  

The 3 areas of Bedlington have a total of 72 active cases and Sleekburn has 18. The cases are increasing. I'm not surprised, very few people are wearing a face mask or using the supplied gel in shops.

The virus is going to run amok this winter.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Jammy said:

If you are eligible(at least 6 months since your 2nd jab) you should arrange a visit. I've just checked the Covid app run by Dr Zoe and my area, Northumberland, has 7,110 active cases. That is up 1,756 from last week.

:thumbsup:

Friends of mine, 77yrs and 80yrs, were at Guidepost scouts hut on sunday morning with an appointment time for their booster. The queue was down the street and they got their jabs 1hr after their allotted time. It was a shambles. I'm not surprised when it's walk in no appointment required. What is the point of making an appointment? 

It sounds like there should have been two queues, if that's possible. One queue for those with appointments and one for those who initially refused to have the jab + those youngins encouraged to have one without an appointment. Unfortunately when those organising the clinics have no idea how many may take up the offer it  will be difficult to know how the 'unvaccinated' will react. I'm guessing these pop-up vaccination centers rely on loads of volunteers to organise the queuing.    

The 3 areas of Bedlington have a total of 72 active cases and Sleekburn has 18. The cases are increasing. I'm not surprised, very few people are wearing a face mask or using the supplied gel in shops.

I wonder if that's just the unvaccinated young plus those who decline the vaccination that have caused the increase in cases. I just wonder what would be my attitude if the covid-19 pandemic had occurred in the late 1960's during my teenage years - would Bedlington teenagers have been cautious when lock down ended:innocent: 

The virus is going to run amok this winter.

And football could suffer :- 

485100446_PLvaccinated.thumb.png.cd0dd208a1574a5efea58d04d3f97b50.png

1061794800_PLvaccinated2.png.9959f6cd41218cbdd496d5c0c7e3f5b5.png

1826418553_PLvaccinated3.png.1f961b29c18e874f3658d27809352131.png

2010577547_PLvaccinated4.png.fe478dee2407b5c595f4128de3fdbd79.png

On 05/10/2021 at 23:01, Jammy said:

I'm sad to say that I have to agree with you. We've only been a week without restrictions and people are going mad. The damp, cold autumn weather is a perfect breeding ground for any virus - that's why we get colds and flu in autumn/winter and not so much in spring/summer. We're not out of the covid woods yet so stay safe everybody.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 07/10/2021 at 17:20, Canny lass said:

Don't let anybody tell you it's over! It's still running amok. Despite five vaccinations and still rigorously hand washing, I am  now recovering from my second dose pf Covid in 3 MONTHS!! Feeling, and probably looking, like a half wrung out floor cloth at the minute. Trying to catch up on the reading but don't expect any real input from me for a while. Stay safe!!!

• Like 2

Ah CL this explains why we haven't heard from you for some time, so pleased to hear you are recovering, again! Yes Covid is still around, I believe it will always be here and just considered another Flu with more deadly symptoms.

Our health is so important as we get older, take care.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Canny lass said:

Don't let anybody tell you it's over! It's still running amok. Despite five vaccinations and still rigorously hand washing, I am  now recovering from my second dose pf Covid in 3 MONTHS!! Feeling, and probably looking, like a half wrung out floor cloth at the minute. Trying to catch up on the reading but don't expect any real input from me for a while. Stay safe!!!

That's a bugger as you try and enjoy the outdoor life before this years dark nights keep you Swede's in doors:closed:

I just another booster last month.:thumbsup:

Take care CL:)

• Like 2

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now