Queen's Green Canopy Project.

4 hours ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

Im good at that seemingly Canny Lass!

Delegating is not an easy task. Be proud that you are capable of assessing the situation and knowing:

Who to delegate to

How much to delegate to them

When to delegate

In which manner it should be done

Where the delegating should take place

Knowing why there is a need for delegation in just this instance

... and finally knowing how much of the task in hand you have some aversion to doing yourself.

Truly a skill worth having.

Having said that, I' love to donate a tree. That way, me and other ex-pats would have some 'physical' roots in the town. Maybe the keen gardeners who take such good care of keeping Bedlington in bloom with the hanging baskets etc wouldn't mind being delegated to/asked politely?

• Like 2

On 17/09/2021 at 16:17, Canny lass said:

Having said that, I' love to donate a tree. That way, me and other ex-pats would have some 'physical' roots in the town. Maybe the keen gardeners who take such good care of keeping Bedlington in bloom with the hanging baskets etc wouldn't mind being delegated to/asked politely?

I would join the club but I'm not an ex-pat. :unsure: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, _pauls said:

Sounds good - can I just check though... when you say you want volunteers to plant their own trees - I assume you mean plant a specific tree rather than their own tree. I assume you aren't suggesting people should decide what to plant and where?

If the project comes off, and I should know better after next week, trees will be supplied.  

• Like 4

On 23/09/2021 at 14:55, _pauls said:

Sounds good - can I just check though... when you say you want volunteers to plant their own trees - I assume you mean plant a specific tree rather than their own tree. I assume you aren't suggesting people should decide what to plant and where?

I’m still waiting to find out where we’re able to plant a tree other than in my garden, please? 🌈x

On 25/09/2021 at 01:31, lilbill15 said:

I’m still waiting to find out where we’re able to plant a tree other than in my garden, please? 🌈x

So am I Lilbill.   Ill post when I know, I have a meeting this week about it.  

And if any expats want one...........let me know and Ill plant them for you and take the picture!  Providing Im allowed to of course.  

tree-water.gif

• Like 1

I went for a walk last night and was horrified to see the trees recently planted along the path from the corner of the cemetery towards Hartlands have all been systematically snapped. I was heading in the direction of 20 acres and those trees were untouched thankfully but I don't know if any others were damaged.

I have no appropriate words for whoever was behind this mindless vandalism

PXL_20210927_172158136_2.jpg

Edited by _pauls
clarification
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, _pauls said:

I went for a walk last night and was horrified to see the trees recently planted along the path from the corner of the cemetery towards Hartlands have all been systematically snapped. I was heading in the direction of 20 acres and those trees were untouched thankfully but I don't know if any others were damaged.

I have no appropriate words for whoever was behind this mindless vandalism

And even if you caught those who committed the vandalism would any words resolve the situation.

If it's someone, or a group, with a personal vendetta then I guess replacing them would only mean more time and money was spent and the mindless vandalism will probably be repeated.

I would hope that the trees can be left as they are and will recover next year.   

2 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

And even if you caught those who committed the vandalism would any words resolve the situation.

If it's someone, or a group, with a personal vendetta then I guess replacing them would only mean more time and money was spent and the mindless vandalism will probably be repeated.

I would hope that the trees can be left as they are and will recover next year.   

They are being examined today to see Alan.  

• Like 2

On 27/09/2021 at 11:16, Malcolm Robinson said:

And if any expats want one...........let me know and Ill plant them for you and take the picture!  Providing Im allowed to of course.  

You can definitely put me down for one.

Edited by Canny lass

On 28/09/2021 at 14:32, Malcolm Robinson said:

They are being examined today to see Alan.  

Fingers crossed! It's the right time of year for hard pruning (this, of course, is pruning of a more drastic nature) but if they've managed to root they stand a chance. Hope the little (or big) beggars are caught and punished. I don't wish to sound hard or inhumane but I think they should have the same degree of hard pruning to their hands.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure if these trees have been subsequently pruned- all but one are neatly cut off at the top, only one with a ragged edge where it’s been ?snapped. Did the council tidy them up? Odd that those on the other side of the path are unscathed so far.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now