No Smoking Ban...

Cympil

Good, i like a debate !

So why are you not kicking off about the ban in pubs? i dont see why someone should be exempt from the ban just because they are locked up !

I was a smoker myself once, and i actually dont agree totally with the ban, however, being in prison should be a punishment, not a play area. I am certainly not afraid of going to jail. as i said, i know people who get themselves put away simply because their life in jail is better than on the outside. Thats not good. Maybe if they knew they couldnt smoke/drink/take drugs/play playstations/get 5 course meals cooked by jamie oliver etc etc it would be a detterent.

This is my point. if jail was feared, you wouldnt miss paying your fines. if you feared jail, you wouldnt miss a court date. i dont mean just the smoking issue, i mean the whole jail experience. to reitterate my previous point:JAIL SHOULD BE A PUNISHMENT

and under no circumstances should they be allowed to do things normal law abiding citizens cant.

if you go to jail with a heroin adiction your put on a methadone course. if you go in as an alcohilic your refused alcohol, or weined off it in extream cases. If you go in as a smoker? your given tobbacco! Go Figure!

Those inmates that smoke should be put on NRT. anyone found dealing in banned substances should be soliterized. then maybe the jails wouldnt fill up so quick coz people actually dont want to go there!

I have been to prison and as far as I was concerned I gave up all rights as soon as I walked through the prison gates!

The point is:- How can they justify banning and fining free people from smoking when they are enjoying themselves,then allowing people who are being punished to smoke where they want to!

Correct me if I am wrong but prisons are enclosed aren't they.They are a working environment(warders etc.) are they not?Then the rules should apply to them as well, no argument,finito,end of!!!!

The French people had the right idea,when this law was tried there everyone ignored it and the government did nothing about it.

Imagine this 10.30 down the Big Market bloke walks into pub and tells somebody they can't smoke and they are going to get fined,well I wouldn't put much on his life expectancy would you? There aren't enough Police to enforce this law they haven't got enough to catch burglars,rapists or murderers but then again theres no money to be found in catching those people :angry:

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Human Rights don't we ALL have these!

It seems that smokers don't have any rights under Blair's nanny state government. I agree with the post that said lets carry on and ignore these stupid laws because they wont stop at that they will try stopping something else as time progresses.

Lets start a stuff this government campaigned.

I am looking forward eagerly to the day that dirty stinking smokers have to go and practice their anti-social habit outside the pub.

Not be long now!

i think we should all get a scaled down fire extinguisher to carry around, so we can blast a wave of water at anyone that sparks up! just for a laugh!

I am looking forward eagerly to the day that dirty stinking smokers have to go and practice their anti-social habit outside the pub.

Mr Darn and CK stand up and be counted you know you want to join the Stuff this government campaign.

:D

Not be long now!

i think we should all get a scaled down fire extinguisher to carry around, so we can blast a wave of water at anyone that sparks up! just for a laugh!

You'll get a laugh with the first person who tells me I'm getting a fine for smoking,they'll get lamped then I'll get sent down and be able to do what I was doing in the first place SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny that aint it?

The landlord/landlady of your licensed premises of choice is legally responsible for stopping people smoking on their premises. They will be liable to a greater fine than the person smoking.

In practice, this will mean you'll be chucked out by the management for smoking indoors.

I hate going into pubs and not being able to breath for smoke, plus I always leave the places smelling like a hobo, like I've been sleeping beside a bin fire all night.

I don't know what took the government so long to decide to put measures into place to protect those of us who dont willingly wish to kill ourselves.

I hate going into pubs and not being able to breath for smoke, plus I always leave the places smelling like a hobo, like I've been sleeping beside a bin fire all night.

I don't know what took the government so long to decide to put measures into place to protect those of us who dont willingly wish to kill ourselves.

Like you stick to your recomended alcohol level intake! (i know i dont!)

The thing is, once the smell of the cigarettes have gone, what smell will be left?

cigarette smoke hides a multitude of sins....

Like you stick to your recomended alcohol level intake! (i know i dont!)

The thing is, once the smell of the cigarettes have gone, what smell will be left?

cigarette smoke hides a multitude of sins....

A pub scenario was only one example.

Regardless of where I go or what I do at my leisure, I would prefer not to end up smelling of bonfire and also not having to breathe in other peoples poison.

Guest MONGO

yous all gan on about toffee nosed c**** and do gooders but their is no difference between them and you lot your all a bunch of monkeys

Guest MONGO

Previous topic title:

Smoking ban: it wont last

Edit: Topic merged with existing.

heres why it wont work there would be a lot more violence in pubs due to stress of not having a sig and another thing is that most people that go to pubs that are non smokers actually like the smell

another thing is that as soon as the ban comes the pubs will shut down as there will be know one going

and without the smell of smoke the pub will prob smell of swet and urine and who wants to sit and smell that

Edited by Mr Darn
Topic merged, language revised.

heres why it wont work there would be a lot more violence in pubs due to stress of not having a sig

This hasn't happened in Ireland or Scotland. You can go outside and smoke if the "stress" gets too much for you.

most people that go to pubs that are non smokers actually like the smell

Not true.

without the smell of smoke the pub will prob smell of swet and urine and who wants to sit and smell that

you could always have a wash before you go out!

Edited by Mr Darn

Previous topic title:

Smoking ban: it wont last

Edit: Topic merged with existing.

heres why it wont work there would be a lot more violence in pubs due to stress of not having a sig and another thing is that most people that go to pubs that are non smokers actually like the smell

another thing is that as soon as the ban comes the pubs will shut down as there will be know one going

and without the smell of smoke the pub will prob smell of swet and urine and who wants to sit and smell that

Wey if they don`t like the smell of the sweaty customers and stenching toilets they will have to go outside for a breath of fresh air.....

web_GrassFire_2.jpg:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest missvic
A pub scenario was only one example.

Regardless of where I go or what I do at my leisure, I would prefer not to end up smelling of bonfire and also not having to breathe in other peoples poison.

Myself and Mr Vic decided that it was time to conform recently and give up the tabs, and it's been great... except when we go to smoky pubs... the reason being that it seems to cause worse hangovers (well, alongside with the large portions of vodka) and this tends not to happen drinking in a smoke-free enviroment :o for this I agree with the ban.

On the other hand at Christmas time we went on holiday to Scotland and saw the negative side of smoking ban... all the smokers seemed to be reet charvers (and violent looking too) and they congregated outside the doors of the local hostilleries to partake in their evil weed, menacing all who dared to pass them... in particular 2 short Bedlington folk in strange clothing :(

Wey since most of the pubs are filled with dirty stinking wife beating drunks with pee stained pants that punch`s anything in their way,i think the safest place would be outside anyway..and at least smoking doesn`t turn folk into slurring idiotic beer bellied low lifes who think throwing their kids a quid for a bag of chips is looking after them :angry:

At least the smoking ban will help close the pubs..now that would be a result :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now