No Smoking Ban...

Cympil

Its not just the fact they are exempt, its the fact that these laws have been brought in to protect the worker, and the barstaff in these places are still going to be affected by the smoke, so they should be in this legislation too. however, there is always the point that they could employ only smokers, and have an uproar from the equal working rights people! they wont win that one without making it a blanket ban with no holes.

I was reading an article yesterday about a hole in the smoking law, theres a guy thats having a video camera installed in his office. He intends to make a film about life in the office. Actors are exempt from the law whilst making a film. So in theory this guy can smoke in his office until his heart is content and its legal.

I await the outcome of this one but good luck to him.

:D

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the smoking ban really works?

BINGO clubs suffering from the downturn caused by the smoking ban are calling on MSPs to help the industry.

Sir Peter Fry, the former Tory MP will join representatives from clubs across Scotland at the public petitions committee.

The group claims bingo halls are more highly taxed than other "harder" gaming products and have suffered a loss in punters because of the smoking ban.

They said smaller clubs will be the first to be forced shut by these problems, depriving remote communities of important entertainment.

The petition reads: "The industry in Scotland needs the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Executive to make clear representation to the UK government calling for bingo to be taxed in the same way as the rest of the industry."

Publicans will also be appearing at the committee to complain about the effects of the smoking ban and call for designated smoking areas to be allowed in pubs.

Taken from the Scotsman.

I have just heard on the local radio a café in Derby has reported having no customers all day as its regular customers are all smokers, could this be the first casualty of the smoking ban?

Netherton Club had to close the concert room last night coz everyone up and left :lol:

If your sentanced to a prison sentance, you did something bad. In the old days, you got a cell and bread with water. we really need to go back to that, if only to make jail a bad place to be in. all this 'playstatio' and 'sky tv' cr@p is just going too far. their not there for a cushy life, their there to pay their debt to society.

what we need is a big building with 7ft by4ft rooms, a bed, toilet and wash basin in them and 2 hours a day in the fresh air. none of this jamie oliver cr@p, or human rights b******t. there in there to do time, and so far as possible they should be secragated from all human contact other than their jailor. then maybe these cut sentances from life to 10 years may feel a little more than a vacation.

So is it ok to swear as long as i "star" the word myself? for example "boll*cks" :unsure:

So is it ok to swear as long as i "star" the word myself? for example "boll*cks" :unsure:

well, i'd consider it to be more like B******s, but so long as it is unrecognisable in the main, then thats ok.

Please dont test my mood by posting examples left right and center, if you must clarify something, i would prefer it to be thru PM. It saves a warning for nothing... :mellow:

well, i'd consider it to be more like B******s, but so long as it is unrecognisable in the main, then thats ok.

Please dont test my mood by posting examples left right and center, if you must clarify something, i would prefer it to be thru PM. It saves a warning for nothing... :mellow:

f*****************k***********************************************b*************

********tw*********************************************cks

I have posted one example,it could have been more if i was trying to "test your mood"..and the next time you want to use threats of warnings,i suggest you practice what you preach and use your PM to do so..

I have posted one example,it could have been more if i was trying to "test your mood"..and the next time you want to use threats of warnings,i suggest you practice what you preach and use your PM to do so..

the warning was directed at EVERY user, you want me to PM them all? :huh::blink::lol::P;)

Now you have got me confused, surly this is off topic.

a was ganna say pete you got bionic ears hear the thunder up here down there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strangely enough I was on the phone to Bedlington about half an hour ago but I didn't here the thunder but it did sound as if it was raining heavy.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now