No Smoking Ban...

Cympil

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What`s gonna happen in the prisons? Are they gonna take the tabs off the prisoners?

I wouldn`t like to work there that`s for certain :mellow:

Thats not a bad point... although they are allowed outside, will they stop the smoking in there? and what will they do if they disobey? send them to jail?

They'll probably put then in an outside area

Aye,but considering it`s lights out at nine o`clock (i think) whats gonna happen when they want a tab and they`re locked up and can`t go outside?

Thats not a bad point... although they are allowed outside, will they stop the smoking in there? and what will they do if they disobey? send them to jail?

They`ll probably get their trungeons oot and give them a good yarking :lol:

I've just been informed that it was in the papers in the last few weeks:

prisioners are the only ones exempt as it will infringe their human rights.

is this true? if so i think its an outrage!

What? That can`t be right...a law is a law surely?

They want to make their minds up...either it`s a non smoking ban or not! What message is this giving out? PC gone totally crazy!! Load of bollicks...wey stuff `em..if the cons can do it then so can i...they can take me to court :angry:

They want to make their minds up...either it`s a non smoking ban or not! What message is this giving out? PC gone totally crazy!! Load of bollicks...wey stuff `em..if the cons can do it then so can i...they can take me to court :angry:

Cympil, your avatar bloke hasn't got "boni" tattooed onto his hand has he?

Cympil, your avatar bloke hasn't got "boni" tattooed onto his hand has he?

:blink: a couldn`t tell ya...i nicked it off Mongo the other night and now i can`t find me school photo what i had on..and i can`t find owt that takes me fancy :unsure:

Anyway...if tabs were that bad for you,why the hell does the government allow shops to sell them? They don`t sell heroin over the counter do they? Yet they`re supposed to be more addictive that heroin...and they probably are! So,why are they still allowing fags to be sold? All about money..that`s what it is...

Anyway...if tabs were that bad for you,why the hell does the government allow shops to sell them? They don`t sell heroin over the counter do they? Yet they`re supposed to be more addictive that heroin...and they probably are! So,why are they still allowing fags to be sold? All about money..that`s what it is...

Aye tabs are a tax on the stupid ... ur welcome to buy as many as you like

i cant believe fags are more addictive than heroin, but i may be wrong.

I'm sorry, but this is my view as an individual, and this comment does not reflect the viewsd of www.bedlington.co.uk, its administrators or the owner:

If your sentanced to a prison sentance, you did something bad. In the old days, you got a cell and bread with water. we really need to go back to that, if only to make jail a bad place to be in. all this 'playstatio' and 'sky tv' cr@p is just going too far. their not there for a cushy life, their there to pay their debt to society.

what we need is a big building with 7ft by4ft rooms, a bed, toilet and wash basin in them and 2 hours a day in the fresh air. none of this jamie oliver cr@p, or human rights b******t. there in there to do time, and so far as possible they should be secragated from all human contact other than their jailor. then maybe these cut sentances from life to 10 years may feel a little more than a vacation.

i used to be a security guard (i cant say where coz of ASDA's strict security policy). i helped arrest at least 40 people who just wanted to go back to jail, coz life in there was easier than life outside.

you really think jail is a deterrant these days? or is it an incentive?

I'm sorry, but this is my view as an individual, and this comment does not reflect the viewsd of www.bedlington.co.uk, its administrators or the owner:

If your sentanced to a prison sentance, you did something bad. In the old days, you got a cell and bread with water. we really need to go back to that, if only to make jail a bad place to be in. all this 'playstatio' and 'sky tv' cr@p is just going too far. their not there for a cushy life, their there to pay their debt to society.

what we need is a big building with 7ft by4ft rooms, a bed, toilet and wash basin in them and 2 hours a day in the fresh air. none of this jamie oliver cr@p, or human rights b******t. there in there to do time, and so far as possible they should be secragated from all human contact other than their jailor. then maybe these cut sentances from life to 10 years may feel a little more than a vacation.

i used to be a security guard (i cant say where coz of ASDA's strict security policy). i helped arrest at least 40 people who just wanted to go back to jail, coz life in there was easier than life outside.

Birch the bstards .

Guest MONGO

OK IVE NEVER BEEN TO JAIL MYSELF BUT MR DARN I THINK YOUR VIEWS ARE TOTALLY WRONG END OF THE DAY IF PEOPLE WONT A SMOKE THEY SHOULD HAVE ONE I'M A SMOKER MYSELF AND I TELL YOU NOW IF ANYONE TOOK MY TABS AWAY FROM ME I WOULD RIP THER HEAD OFF AS IM NOT TO HAPPY WHEN I HAVENT GOT ONE AND I TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE ITS NOT A NICE FEELING IVE NEVER HAD HEROIN BUT I EXPECT ITS SORT OF THE SAME EDICTION AND I THINK ITS VERY SMALL MINDED OF YOU TO THINK THAT EVERY PRISONER SHOULD HAVE THER RIGHTS REMOVED AND BE TRET NOT AS A HUMEN JUST BECAUSE THEY DONE SOMETHING WRONG SHAME ON YOU WHAT HAPPENES IF SOMEONE GOES TO JAIL FOR SOMETHING LIKE FAILED TO TURN UP AT COURT OR FAILED TO PAID THER FINES SHOULD THEY BE SENT TO JAIL NO I THINK NOT I HATE SMALL MINDED PEOPLE :(

PS

EXCUSE THE SPELLING IF I DONE ANY COZ IM PISSED BUT POINT MADE AND I HOPE YOU READ IT VERY SMALL MINDED AND I HOPE YOU ONLY GET SOMETHING DONE SIMILER TO YOU YOURSELF AND MAYBE THEN YOU WONT THINK OF IT THE WAY YOUV'E JUST SAID IT

I work in a Federal Penitentiary but can't speak for the prisons in the U.K. but we all have the same smoking issues, our Provincial prisons (2 years less a day) went 100% smoke free without all of the expected riots.

Our Federal prisons (2 years and over) are now smoke free inside the buildings this protects staff and inmates from second-hand smoke, but there are many side issues particularly religious rights!

Another problem is tobacco is an inmates main form of currency, a bail of tobacco is their Dollar, Pound or Euro!!!

Vic

OK IVE NEVER BEEN TO JAIL MYSELF BUT MR DARN I THINK YOUR VIEWS ARE TOTALLY WRONG

Good, i like a debate !

END OF THE DAY IF PEOPLE WONT A SMOKE THEY SHOULD HAVE ONE

So why are you not kicking off about the ban in pubs? i dont see why someone should be exempt from the ban just because they are locked up !

I'M A SMOKER MYSELF AND I TELL YOU NOW IF ANYONE TOOK MY TABS AWAY FROM ME I WOULD RIP THER HEAD OFF AS IM NOT TO HAPPY WHEN I HAVENT GOT ONE AND I TELL YOU FROM EXPERIENCE ITS NOT A NICE FEELING
I was a smoker myself once, and i actually dont agree totally with the ban, however, being in prison should be a punishment, not a play area. I am certainly not afraid of going to jail. as i said, i know people who get themselves put away simply because their life in jail is better than on the outside. Thats not good. Maybe if they knew they couldnt smoke/drink/take drugs/play playstations/get 5 course meals cooked by jamie oliver etc etc it would be a detterent.

I THINK ITS VERY SMALL MINDED OF YOU TO THINK THAT EVERY PRISONER SHOULD HAVE THER RIGHTS REMOVED AND BE TRET NOT AS A HUMEN JUST BECAUSE THEY DONE SOMETHING WRONG SHAME ON YOU WHAT HAPPENES IF SOMEONE GOES TO JAIL FOR SOMETHING LIKE FAILED TO TURN UP AT COURT OR FAILED TO PAID THER FINES SHOULD THEY BE SENT TO JAIL NO I THINK NOT I HATE SMALL MINDED PEOPLE :(

This is my point. if jail was feared, you wouldnt miss paying your fines. if you feared jail, you wouldnt miss a court date. i dont mean just the smoking issue, i mean the whole jail experience. to reitterate my previous point:JAIL SHOULD BE A PUNISHMENT

and under no circumstances should they be allowed to do things normal law abiding citizens cant.

if you go to jail with a heroin adiction your put on a methadone course. if you go in as an alcohilic your refused alcohol, or weined off it in extream cases. If you go in as a smoker? your given tobbacco! Go Figure!

Those inmates that smoke should be put on NRT. anyone found dealing in banned substances should be soliterized. then maybe the jails wouldnt fill up so quick coz people actually dont want to go there!

Funny this turned into a dicussion about prison.

Here in japan lots of people smoke, i used to smoke but stopped over 3 years ago. In Japan prison is unreasonably strict, you can be put away for a couple of years just for drink driving.....and the prisons are torturous boot camps!

I think smoking is gross but it is everyones right to do or not to do, the only way to stop it is to stop people starting it! You guys guys are lucky in the uk, the move to stop people has started, asia is way behind on that.....and insane numbers of people smoke here.

In Japan prisons people are not permitted to talk to each other even when they are in the same room, and most personal belongings are removed, its screwed that people get games and tv in british prisons.

I think somewhere between ultimate leniancy and boot camp would be good but each country is different.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now