Black Bull annual - darts/leek club trip ????

Photo from David Bailey, grandson of Stuart Young and great grandson of Geordie Graham (Haigh Road then Hollymount Square).

Though to be a trip from the Black Bull - but as yet no proof:)

62626838_DavidBailey.jpg.5a0e68af8c91f814b8a84815a31c4a9e.jpg

@HIGH PIT WILMA & @James do you recognise any of this lot?

1783043215_DavidBaileynamed.thumb.jpg.a930a2cd8bd33f2a3e441b593fff271b.jpg

Hi Folks, the only thing I recognise, is the Jordans Coach!.. aam I right?! Brian and Rob Redpath were my school, and home friends, lived in Hollymount Square, Brian qas in my class, and on the Infant School 1950 photo, but I never knew their Dad's names.. well, we were brought up with respect, to call older people.. Mr, and Mrs!.. such was life back then! 

• Like 1

The Redpath's from Hollymount Square - Brian lived in No. 3 (or was it No. 2?) and his dad was called Fenwick. Robert lived in No. 53 and his dad was called Jimmy. Fenwick and his elder brother Jimmy both worked at the Doctor Pit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James said:

The Redpath's from Hollymount Square - Brian lived in No. 3 (or was it No. 2?) and his dad was called Fenwick. Robert lived in No. 53 and his dad was called Jimmy. Fenwick and his elder brother Jimmy both worked at the Doctor Pit. 

Fenwick and family at No 2, next door to where @Vic Patterson's wife Doreen Dagless lived.

Hollymount Square.jpg

5 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Fenwick and family at No 2, next door to where @Vic Patterson's wife Doreen Dagless lived.

Hollymount Square.jpg

We (Doreen Dagless) lived in #3, first house around the corner, the back gardens (leak trenches!) were next to each other. I think whoever was in #1 worked or owned one of the garages

2 hours ago, Vic Patterson said:

We (Doreen Dagless) lived in #3, first house around the corner, the back gardens (leak trenches!) were next to each other. I think whoever was in #1 worked or owned one of the garages

Sorry Vic - always thought it was No 1:whistle:

• Like 1

Sid Newman lived in No 1.

Am I correct in assuming that Joyce Dagless is your wife’s sister? She worked at the glove factory and married Colin Hall who was undermanager at Bates Colliery and they moved to Smoky River coal mine when it opened in the late 60’s.

• Like 2

Yes James Joyce is my sister-in-law, and now lives in Sparwood, BC, Colin passed away 2017, they moved here (Grande Cache) in 1969 when the mine and Town first opened, (I think it was still McIntyre Mines then! )then they moved to Kaiser Resources, Sparwood 1971, later spent some time in Collie Australia. 

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now