Northumberland Rail Line.

Malcolm Robinson

Think it was last Thursday, BBC NE News showed, from inside one of the train carriages, the station platform etc. as the train passed Bedlington North & South signal boxes. 

in the early 1960's I was never a frequent passenger from the railway station - spent more time on the wooden bridge :thumbsup: 

• 5 months later...

I just caught a bit of Michael Portillo's BBC2 Great Coastal Railway programme tonight which featured the plans for the re-introduction of passenger services through Bedlington Station.  Nice footage of Front Street and the station buildings with a couple of talking heads outlining the plans.  Further footage of track/train up to Lynemouth power station.  I'll try to get the whole show on the BBC IPlayer to watch the whole thing ... maybe the Bedlington dispora may also want to do the same to view Bedders.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Symptoms said:

I just caught a bit of Michael Portillo's BBC2 Great Coastal Railway programme tonight which featured the plans for the re-introduction of passenger services through Bedlington Station.  Nice footage of Front Street and the station buildings with a couple of talking heads outlining the plans.  Further footage of track/train up to Lynemouth power station.  I'll try to get the whole show on the BBC IPlayer to watch the whole thing ... maybe the Bedlington dispora may also want to do the same to view Bedders.

Watched it on IPlayer this morning - 2 years to go then there could be passenger trains👍

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hide Adverts