Wetherspoons

What does Bedlington need to make it a place worth visiting and buying from ? (hairdressers, takeaways and solicitors excluded). Has the game shop idea died ? We now have a sort of clothes shop (Donnas Allsorts), Bedlington has the parking facilities to support shopping, however no one seems to use it, take a look at Market Place bus stop, and loading bay near monument, even Watsons bus stop seems to be a parking bay.

We have the old Somerfield standing derelict for well over 18 months now, surely Wilkinsons could be a viable option, although with Ashington and Cramlington having one, it doesn't seem worth it.

Anyone any ideas ?

flats or an old peoples home! or wetherspoons :lol::lol::lol:  sorry a cant stop laughin! wetherspoons in bedlington! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flats or an old peoples home! or wetherspoons :lol::lol::lol:  sorry a cant stop laughin! wetherspoons in bedlington! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see ya laffin Monsta, but to be honest, I'm at the point of joining in. Loads of parking, but no shops or anything worth using the parking for. We have no Burtons, Woolworths, Wilkinsons or New Look, all we have are womens hairdressers, solicitors, estate agents or pubs (Bedlington used to be good for a Saturday).

If this makes no sense, blame the wine :lol:

I see ya laffin Monsta, but to be honest, I'm at the point of joining in. Loads of parking, but no shops or anything worth using the parking for. We have no Burtons, Woolworths, Wilkinsons or New Look, all we have are womens hairdressers, solicitors, estate agents or pubs (Bedlington used to be good for a Saturday).

It all makes perfect sense..but you forgot to mention the chip shops/chinese /pizza/kebab shops. :D

It all makes perfect sense..but you forgot to mention the chip shops/chinese /pizza/kebab shops. :D

Nothing Wrong with pizza!!!

It does seem wierd that their is so much parking behind the front street tho, has anyone ever seen that second carpark behind the blue bell full? i know the nearest one is popular...

exactly! so why do we need another pub? :blink:

Nothing Wrong with pizza!!!

It does seem wierd that their is so much parking behind the front street tho, has anyone ever seen that second carpark behind the blue bell full? i know the nearest one is popular...

Yes it's full when the shows are there :lol: and on sunny thursdays when the markets on :lol:

Yes it's full when the shows are there :lol: and on sunny thursdays when the markets on :lol:

Noooooo, i mean the one beside the library...

if you go down the cut next to tsb you have a car park, go over the slight hill and theres another oe i rarely see used... thats the one i was refering to.

• 3 weeks later...
Is Wetherspoons opening a pub in Bedlington? I have heard they are taking over either the old Co-op or the Community centre, both of which are up for sale.

Could it just be a coincidence that I had a Wetherspoon brochure pushed through my door yesterday?

see it was all a pack of lies! just like they were going to buy the red lion! or the clayton! :lol::lol::lol:  think mr marketing advisor would make sure they didn't throw there money down the drain!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now