Wetherspoons

but you wouldn't be paying for it! wetherspoons would and they would see little return for there investment! so stop dreaming!

Wetherspoon's operates using a very simple philosophy of 'high turnover, low margin'. The pubs are a success because daytime trade is so successful - sell cheap beer and all the local pissheads and dolescum will gladly part with their cash in exchange for a foaming mug of ale in (usually) pleasant surroundings.

Bedlington needs a kick up the !*!@# , and I hope JDW are the people who do it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bedlington needs a kick up the !*!@# , and I hope JDW are the people who do it.

i agree, i enjoyed a quiet (no music in JDW's) cheep (£1.20!)pint after work. and would do again should their be such a place opened in Bedlington. i just dont agree with spending £10 and only getting 4 pints for it!

i agree, i enjoyed a quiet (no music in JDW's) cheep (£1.20!)pint after work. and would do again should their be such a place opened in Bedlington. i just dont agree with spending £10 and only getting 4 pints for it!

And let's face it most of the pubs round here are gash; JDW might kill a few of them off.

you think? i dont think it has that far,the discussion has simply moved on to the effect wetherspoons will have on other licenced premises...

Edit: 'Off Topic' posts split to ---->HERE<----

wetherspoons would never come to bedlington theres too many mongs!

Well as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the pubs in Bedlington are always empty anyway so why would Wetherspoons want to come here?

The pubs i drink in, at the times i drink in them, are not 'packed' but there is a good few people in them. I think a wetherspoons in bedlington would be a great idea! its like the CIU clubs used to be, only no membership cards! (in relation to drink prices that is...)

The pubs i drink in, at the times i drink in them, are not 'packed' but there is a good few people in them. I think a wetherspoons in bedlington would be a great idea! its like the CIU clubs used to be, only no membership cards! (in relation to drink prices that is...)

Beers cheap but rubbish,

:D

Well as someone mentioned in an earlier post, the pubs in Bedlington are always empty anyway so why would Wetherspoons want to come here?

Like it or not, they've reinvigorated the on-trade business, and there's no reason why it can't work in Bedlington.

Like it or not, they've reinvigorated the on-trade business, and there's no reason why it can't work in Bedlington.

yes there is bedlington is dead! unless they do o.a.p pea suppers they'll be out a business in a week! :lol: :lol:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now