Wetherspoons

Is Wetherspoons opening a pub in Bedlington? I have heard they are taking over either the old Co-op or the Community centre, both of which are up for sale.

Could it just be a coincidence that I had a Wetherspoon brochure pushed through my door yesterday?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, Bedlington r-e-a-l-l-y could do with another pub!

We've got just sooo many Leisure Centers, Swimming Pools, prosperous small shops, etc. etc. that I'd simply scream if another one of those opened next week. More building societies and estate agents. More solicitor's offices. This is where the future lies! :P

P.S. Thank you for closing down Northern Rock. The most positive move in years. I reconsidered closing my account but on careful consideration determined to leave £1 in it - just so you'll have the pleasure and expense of administering it for the next 20 years. And, your building has been re-occupied by something much more positive for the community - like... Oh!

Is Wetherspoons opening a pub in Bedlington? I have heard they are taking over either the old Co-op or the Community centre, both of which are up for sale.

Could it just be a coincidence that I had a Wetherspoon brochure pushed through my door yesterday?

Yes its just a rumor... Whenever somewhere in Bedlington ends up empty, Wetherspoons is supposedly doing it up.

I wish people could be a bit more imaginative...

I wish people could be a bit more imaginative...

You mean like.. they could be converting them into an estate agent, or a building society, or a solicitor's office? :D:D

And chip shops..not even nice ones at that :angry:

Dont you like **** ****?

You get free toppings on your food there - MOUSE DROPPINGS!

Edited by Mr Darn
removed identifying name

Dont you like **** ****?

You get free toppings on your food there - MICE DROPPINGS!

:lol: IFCIT My mate works there and she seen a mouse running across the floor with a piece of kebab meat in its mouth! and when she first started working there,she opened the lid of the chip fryer and there was a load of maggots crawling around!! Bah :blink:

:lol: IFCIT My mate works there and she seen a mouse running across the floor with a piece of kebab meat in its mouth! and when she first started working there,she opened the lid of the chip fryer and there was a load of maggots crawling around!! Bah :blink:

Urgh!

Thats vile, i'm suprised the place hasnt been closed down!

Poor mouse... I bet it was up all night with the s***s.

Edited by Mr Darn
masked language

Urgh!

Thats vile, i'm suprised the place hasnt been closed down!

Poor mouse... I bet it was up all night with the s***s.

Looks alright to me but then id eat the buggers out of a dead mans nose :lol:

You mean like.. they could be converting them into an estate agent, or a building society, or a solicitor's office? :D:D

The kitchen shop opposite the Monkey (MERLIN) is going to be.......

wait.....

no not estate agents.....

you got it ...

HAIRDRESSERS. :P Just what we need :(

Everyone complains that Bedlington doesnt have the shops people want, but the shops such as butchers etc need to be supported when they are there. Its no good whinging about the lack of local shops on route to Asda.

Use the shops that are there and hopefully others may come..............maybe.

Everyone complains that Bedlington doesnt have the shops people want, but the shops such as butchers etc need to be supported when they are there. Its no good whinging about the lack of local shops on route to Asda.

Thats true,

Meat slices from the butchers beside Watsons are great!

The kitchen shop opposite the Monkey (MERLIN) is going to be.......

wait.....

no not estate agents.....

you got it ...

HAIRDRESSERS. :P Just what we need :(

What does Bedlington need to make it a place worth visiting and buying from ? (hairdressers, takeaways and solicitors excluded). Has the game shop idea died ? We now have a sort of clothes shop (Donnas Allsorts), Bedlington has the parking facilities to support shopping, however no one seems to use it, take a look at Market Place bus stop, and loading bay near monument, even Watsons bus stop seems to be a parking bay.

We have the old Somerfield standing derelict for well over 18 months now, surely Wilkinsons could be a viable option, although with Ashington and Cramlington having one, it doesn't seem worth it.

Anyone any ideas ?

What does Bedlington need to make it a place worth visiting and buying from ? (hairdressers, takeaways and solicitors excluded). Has the game shop idea died ? We now have a sort of clothes shop (Donnas Allsorts), Bedlington has the parking facilities to support shopping, however no one seems to use it, take a look at Market Place bus stop, and loading bay near monument, even Watsons bus stop seems to be a parking bay.

We have the old Somerfield standing derelict for well over 18 months now, surely Wilkinsons could be a viable option, although with Ashington and Cramlington having one, it doesn't seem worth it.

Anyone any ideas ?

You just about hit the nail on the head there mate with ashington and cramlington but you missed off blyth! Just wouldn't be viable for any worthwhile shops to open in bedlington,even the charity shops give us a miss!

Oops sorry nearly forgot morpeth!

The Wetherspoon's in Ashington does pints of lager for £1.29 on a Monday. You've got to like those numbers.

Keep your swimming pools and your computer game shops, get Bedlington a cut-price alehouse and get it now! That's what I pay my tax dollars for.

The Wetherspoon's in Ashington does pints of lager for £1.29 on a Monday. You've got to like those numbers.

Keep your swimming pools and your computer game shops, get Bedlington a cut-price alehouse and get it now! That's what I pay my tax dollars for.

but you wouldn't be paying for it! wetherspoons would and they would see little return for there investment! so stop dreaming!

One of Bedlingtons problems is the number of shallow people who moved here some years ago from outside. :angry:

http://www.imagemediauk.com/fresh/walmart.htm

One of Bedlingtons problems is the number of shallow people who moved here some years ago from outside. :angry:

http://www.imagemediauk.com/fresh/walmart.htm

I am an asda employee, and i agree totally with you.

asda, tesco and sainsburys, as well as morrisons etc, have the ability, and the customers to create big, out of twn hypermarkets, for those who can travel to them, and for those that cane, they have online shopping. i say keep those big supermarkets out of the towns and villages, and give the good old village shop a chance. i liked the idea put forward a while back for the old co-op ( i think thats what it was!) building to be three smaller shops, more stores at the bottom, a DIY place in the middle and offices at the top. Whatever happened to that idea?

the place could even be split down the middle creating 6 spaces for smaller buisnesses!

The bigger supermarket chains have a lot to answer for...

I am an asda employee, and i agree totally with you.

asda, tesco and sainsburys, as well as morrisons etc, have the ability, and the customers to create big, out of twn hypermarkets, for those who can travel to them, and for those that cane, they have online shopping. i say keep those big supermarkets out of the towns and villages, and give the good old village shop a chance. i liked the idea put forward a while back for the old co-op ( i think thats what it was!) building to be three smaller shops, more stores at the bottom, a DIY place in the middle and offices at the top. Whatever happened to that idea?

the place could even be split down the middle creating 6 spaces for smaller buisnesses!

The bigger supermarket chains have a lot to answer for...

Blame W.D.C. and your local chamber of trade. The people who bought Maxi Freeze had the idea(3 shops etc)for the co op they wanted to buy it but they hit so many brick walls with w.d.c. and local trade they gave up trying,also on this little eavesdropping spying mission found out it was one of the local traders who objected to the post office opening all day wed and sat on the grounds it would affect his/her trade!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now