Site info

On 31/07/2021 at 11:10, Canny lass said:

It’s not the diminution in ranking that bothers me, rather the fact that we need to be ranked at all. OK, we’ve always had a sort of ranking system with newbie, pup, terrier, Bedlingtonian etc. but at least those ranking names were a pleasant element having, as they did, some connection to Bedlington and they said nothing more personal about a member than how many posts they’ve shared. The new ranking system, on the other hand, has no connection whatsoever to Bedlington. Instead, it seems to be centered on the individual scoring points on just about every activity they undertake. This seems, to me, to be totally unnecessary. We aren’t in competition with each other. We're just a group of people with a common interest.

It's disappeared!!!! My fig leaf has blown away and taken all the silly badges with it! Thank you to whoever was responsible. normal service can now be resumed.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

It's disappeared!!!! My fig leaf has blown away and taken all the silly badges with it! Thank you to whoever was responsible. normal service can now be resumed.

I hadn't even noticed - I must be a rank outsider:)

• Like 1

On 04/08/2021 at 11:03, Canny lass said:

Malcolm is a man of great integrity. I'm sure it's the hat he's referring to.

Euphemism??

@Canny lass 🤣😂! No! I’m referring to his gif in response to the busty brunette conversation. If you’ve seen it then the reference to his ‘tic’ should be clearer 😁x Canny lass I’m attaching photos which may be familiar to you, hopefully better pics than my last attempt 😁🌈xx

D06256F9-E875-486B-956A-4B4919A6A99E.jpeg

3C27D994-4572-40EE-A78E-44698135C2BB.jpeg

7C29F930-C340-40E6-AEC6-755EE63DE27E.jpeg

0C576EFD-E89C-40D8-A976-4D2859831717.jpeg

C6C466F8-784E-4781-9041-79195DA8D25D.jpeg

ACC12156-A703-4C24-B4CA-F06FC887BB43.jpeg

1EFF60DC-0F15-41B6-9088-059AF5C6EEC5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

@Canny lass 🤣😂! No! I’m referring to his gif in response to the busty brunette conversation. If you’ve seen it then the reference to his ‘tic’ should be clearer 😁x Canny lass I’m attaching photos which may be familiar to you, hopefully better pics than my last attempt 😁🌈xx

D06256F9-E875-486B-956A-4B4919A6A99E.jpeg

3C27D994-4572-40EE-A78E-44698135C2BB.jpeg

7C29F930-C340-40E6-AEC6-755EE63DE27E.jpeg

0C576EFD-E89C-40D8-A976-4D2859831717.jpeg

C6C466F8-784E-4781-9041-79195DA8D25D.jpeg

ACC12156-A703-4C24-B4CA-F06FC887BB43.jpeg

1EFF60DC-0F15-41B6-9088-059AF5C6EEC5.jpeg

?? A ‘concrete thing in field’ in Summer and possibly ‘the Scary Bridge?’ 😁🌈xx❣️

Too many years have gone by to be able to recognise anything but I'm sure that must be the bridge (but not the original). There was only the one crossing that I knew of. There weren't any trees as such, just hawthorn hedges skirting the fields, and the grass was only up to my knees. Mind you, my legs were a lot shorter then!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/07/2021 at 20:12, lilbill15 said:

Oh @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) couldn’t forget about you and the lovely folks in the group. I’m actually a contributing member so won’t lose touch. Just need to find a less convoluted way to talk to you. The recent changes have just confirmed that I can’t be chewed with this complicated website. As I said, I’ll use another door. I’m not going anywhere, just round the side door 😁🌈xxxxxxxxx

Morning @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) @Canny lass@HIGH PIT WILMA I’ve just spent 15 minutes trying to work my way through this communication; I’d been emailed that HPW had made a response to something/one but I can’t find it 🤔xx However I also haven’t seen any responses from        
@Andy Millneor @John Fox (foxy). I’m probably just gazing at the moon again but I’m also wondering about some of the recent “interlopers” in this group and whether it’s just coincidence that systems are changing and admin are notable by their absence? 😐🤷🏼‍♀️🌈👋🏻x

3 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

I’m probably just gazing at the moon again but I’m also wondering about some of the recent “interlopers” in this group and whether it’s just coincidence that systems are changing and admin are notable by their absence? 😐🤷🏼‍♀️🌈👋🏻x

We did recently upgrade the software behind the website and a new "achievements" feature was temporarily enabled for testing. 

If you receive a notification that someone has replied to a topic/mentioned you there will be a direct link to that post in the notification. If you're seeing problems with this I'll need more info on what it is you are seeing, what is happening and what you would expect.

5 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

Morning @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) @Canny lass@HIGH PIT WILMA I’ve just spent 15 minutes trying to work my way through this communication; I’d been emailed that HPW had made a response to something/one but I can’t find it 🤔xx However I also haven’t seen any responses from        
@Andy Millneor @John Fox (foxy). I’m probably just gazing at the moon again but I’m also wondering about some of the recent “interlopers” in this group and whether it’s just coincidence that systems are changing and admin are notable by their absence? 😐🤷🏼‍♀️🌈👋🏻x

Afternoon lilbill15 - must be your Tablet software/operating system :D:iiam: - all my emails from my email provider, btinternet.com, are picked up, from my email server, by Microsoft Outlook package that I have installed on my Desktop PC and for each email I receive there is always a 'Go to this Post'  highlighted that when selected takes you to the actual post.

Outlook.thumb.jpg.8aef000304476ba23f67370c2fc1ebe3.jpg

My wife uses a Samsung Tablet and I know when she asks me to check anything out on her tablet I get frustrated. I'm so used to a large screen display where normally all options can be seen and accessed from the first screen that is presented, on whatever site you go to. But the Tablet screen being much smaller can't display all the options and it's normally via the three dots, at the top right of the screen, that other options etc. are accessed.

This is normally the first screen I get when I go direct to the group site :-  

83955282_Firstscreen.thumb.png.d53293197c83ae02eeb2bd0e056bfdde.png

I should add that I stick to a Desk Top Pc, with full size keyboard, as my attempts to select options on a small Tablet screen do result in me selecting the wrong option and frustrating myself.  Add to that my fingers don't always go to the right area on a Tablet or mobile device and my involuntary reflex actions of the hand and fingers more often than not result in me selecting options I have never dreamed of :D.  I can't use a mobile phone to access the www. I have a 2G mobile, no access to www, that has one use - it goes in the car and is there in case I break down and have to call for assistance. 

I'm sticking to 21" Desk Top Pc's ⌨️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/08/2021 at 11:03, Canny lass said:

Malcolm is a man of great integrity. I'm sure it's the hat he's referring to.

Euphemism??

@Canny lass no,

not euphemism- referring to her GIF attached to his post, a man with a tic which looks a lot like a very pronounced wink, is all 😁x

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another question:

I don't know if it's this new lap-top, the site or just lack of knowledge on my part but I'm having difficulties downloading photos from the gallery. All I'm able to do is take a screen dump and cut away everything but the photo. Very time-consuming. Any ideas, anybody?

1 hour ago, Canny lass said:

Any ideas, anybody?

Look for the image tools menu when you move your mouse over the image

99694455-3997-4EA4-B0B4-48C611B248C0.png

gallery is due some user experience improvements to get rid of the annoying popup amongst other things. 

On 07/10/2021 at 16:16, Canny lass said:

Here's another question:

I don't know if it's this new lap-top, the site or just lack of knowledge on my part but I'm having difficulties downloading photos from the gallery. All I'm able to do is take a screen dump and cut away everything but the photo. Very time-consuming. Any ideas, anybody?

I agree with Andy's posting above but on my systems you only get the 'Download' option when your mouse hovers over the image within the Gallery albums.

732906461_Downloadingimage.thumb.jpg.d5bf053fd852b3ff8d63a977ea613f69.jpg

However within a comment in one of the Discussion topics where an image has been uploaded and also where a comment has been made on an album image entry and a new image has been uploaded into the comment I don't get the Download option when selecting those images by a left click with my mouse.

My first click on the comments images gives me an enlarged image (50%) with the microscope tool (for enlarging the image to 100%).

1358736442_Downloadingimage2.thumb.jpg.56b304ab07da3cf6f514ef19b008bca8.jpg

I then left click with mouse and I get a new screen with the image and I have to right click with the mouse to get a set of options, including 'Save as' that I have to select and save (download to my downloads folder) with either the system image name or a name of my choice. 

437918028_Downloadingimage3.thumb.jpg.377700269c5b56c0d7c282e05845dfc6.jpg 

Thanks Eggy! I've had a play about with it and can now (following Andy's advice) successfully download an image to my downloads folder. From there it's then a simple matter to place it in a folder of my choice. I also had a bash at saving direct from the topic, rather than downloading, and I was able to 'save as' direct from the image by using a right click which produced the appropriate meny but I didn't need to save it in my downloads folder. I could choose my own folder immediately. Quite an achievement for me. I feel like the Brain of Britain. I'm sure Andy will be knocking on my door and offering me a job soon!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now