New Funding for Bedlington!

After arguing for the last 2-3 years to get Bedlington included in a Borderland’s deal, nice to finally hear today it has been! Not only that, we are one of the first towns (3) to get to the starting line.

What this means is that there will be a Town Team put together, there will be discussion and dialogue with all stake holders, including the Bedlington community, on what we can aim for with regard to further infrastructure improvements into our Town centre redevelopment and elsewhere and there is extra funding coming!

Initially we are looking at around £3M but it has already been accepted that this is only the start of the process and can be seen as seed funding.

Most of this extra process will be put together by the autumn and we can expect a community consultation around then which will identify the projects we want to see.

My thoughts are we embrace this and one of my jobs will be to make sure it happens within the timeframe as has been presented today! Taken alongside the British Volt news last week and the new train line and station we are getting I think for once we can just about see a really bright future for what has been a forgotten area for so long.

0_Bedlington-Town-Centre-1.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Malcolm Robinson said:
Initially we are looking at around £3M but it has already been accepted that this is only the start of the process and can be seen as seed funding.

And more millions to come according to this young lady who answered your question :thumbsup::-  

12th June 2021d.png

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
  • Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now