Barrington (Bartn)

I LIVED IN 15 OFFICE ROW BEFORE MOVING UP TO 30 ALEXANDRA ROW. DOWN AY THE BOTTOM OF DOUBLE ROW AS YOU WENT DOWN THE HILL YOU HAD A CO-OP THEN ALONG THE TRACK TO PALMERS COACHES. THE OLD INSTITUTE AND BOYS CLUB WERE TURNED INTO THE GLOVE FACTORY. RICHARDSONS HAD A SMALL SHOP IN THERE GARDEN AND UP THE ROAD WAS THE POST OFFICE WHICH WAS THE BACKDOOR OF THE HOUSE. IWENT TO BARRINTON PRIMARY SCHOOL BEFORE GOING TO BEDLINTON SECONDARY SCHOOL. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2021 at 20:00, Bill Scott said:

I LIVED IN 15 OFFICE ROW BEFORE MOVING UP TO 30 ALEXANDRA ROW. DOWN AY THE BOTTOM OF DOUBLE ROW AS YOU WENT DOWN THE HILL YOU HAD A CO-OP THEN ALONG THE TRACK TO PALMERS COACHES. THE OLD INSTITUTE AND BOYS CLUB WERE TURNED INTO THE GLOVE FACTORY. RICHARDSONS HAD A SMALL SHOP IN THERE GARDEN AND UP THE ROAD WAS THE POST OFFICE WHICH WAS THE BACKDOOR OF THE HOUSE. IWENT TO BARRINTON PRIMARY SCHOOL BEFORE GOING TO BEDLINTON SECONDARY SCHOOL. 

Sorry @Bill Scott I hadn't noticed your comment. Are you the Bill Scott I knew back in the 1950's, leaving Barrington CP July 1960?  Have you had a look through the photos for Barrington County primary School = Gallery>Historic Bedlington - Page 2. If your the Bill I knew then there is a photo of you - Class 2, 1954🙂

Hello @Bill Scott - yes I remember Geordie Dickson - he is on the same photo as me - Class 6, 1960 in the Barricton CP album. 

Now you have my mind racing:) - I remember loads from Barrington but often the old mind can't match a name to many of those in the old school photos.

You will have started the A pit along with Norman Hills - Eric Tielman - Davey Bower etc. Did Robin Hills start the 'A' pit and then left to join the Merchant Navy with Ray ?????? (can't remember his surname - lived in Bolam Place, next door to Geordie Trench).   

Just remembered - think it was Ray Dixon☺️

Have you had a look through the Barrington CP album This is a direct link to it :- 

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now