Puce Bush Farm

4 minutes ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Je ne comprends pas - 'Submit reply' is the input command for replying to a comment where you have selected 'Quote'.

'Save' is the input command to a comment you have typed. 

So I can't see how you are getting both input commands when adding a comment. 

I suggest you do a 'Quote' - then'Save' then 'Log Off' and check the following day🙂.

I'm logging off for tonight😊 

Ok honeybunny, I’ll see how that goes, night night 😁🌈x

10 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Je ne comprends pas - 'Submit reply' is the input command for replying to a comment where you have selected 'Quote'.

'Save' is the input command to a comment you have typed. 

So I can't see how you are getting both input commands when adding a comment. 

I suggest you do a 'Quote' - then'Save' then 'Log Off' and check the following day🙂.

I'm logging off for tonight😊 

Morning very good Sir, I’m struggling with this communication tool again. I have seen somewhere in here an opportunity to contribute to the elves and goblins who maintain this Bedlington vehicle and now I’m able to pay my way I can’t find the ticket collector. Please advise where should I look 😁🌈x P.S. do you know/like Red Hot Chilli Peppers🎶?🌈

Edited by lilbill15
Afterthought

4 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

.................. I have seen somewhere in here an opportunity to contribute to the elves and goblins who maintain this Bedlington vehicle and now I’m able to pay my way I can’t find the ticket collector. Please advise where should I look 😁🌈x

P.S. do you know/like Red Hot Chilli Peppers🎶?🌈

Not sure what you are after. Is your reference to - elves and goblins - the Admin in this group? if so it's Andy Millne you need to contact.

I'm not into Red Hot Chilli Peppers - or any group of any genre. I don't sit back and play music.:)

• Like 1

On 02/07/2021 at 20:42, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:
On 02/07/2021 at 12:53, lilbill15 said:

I have to write something in order to post an edit? 

I don't, and I know canny lass doesn't (as she always checks her posts and edit's where necessary)

I very rarely check anything. Most of my edits hinge around adding photos, maps etc. Editing after adding a photo to the text is the only way I've found of being able to continue writing after adding the photo. Sometimes I need to add a comment and then another photo so it involves quite a lot of editing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/07/2021 at 06:54, lilbill15 said:

Morning very good Sir, I’m struggling with this communication tool again. I have seen somewhere in here an opportunity to contribute to the elves and goblins who maintain this Bedlington vehicle and now I’m able to pay my way I can’t find the ticket collector. Please advise where should I look 😁🌈x P.S. do you know/like Red Hot Chilli Peppers🎶?🌈

Hmm, just about to say thank you very much for your advice and found this unsent message . I’m puzzled, I’m sure you’ve already answered it but sending anyway. Regards Roseanne 

On 02/07/2021 at 14:54, lilbill15 said:

It occurred to me this week that I could maybe tailor a stream called “Bedlington then and now”, again aiming at the “Far-flung Beddies; the elsewhere folks could post a Bedlington “then “ picture and I would find the site and post a  “now” pic to keep ex-Beddies abreast of changes.

@lilbill15 I must have missed this. It's been a hectic week! Pictures are always good and helpful to anyone looking at the site in years to come. Today is tomorrow's history, so to speak, but why start a new topic? How about working your way through History Hollow and adding photos to the relevant topics. When I'm researching I find it helpful when everything is in one bundle rather than scattered in small parcels. This is why I like our gallery so much.

Of course you’re right! I’m still navigating the corridors of this maze of information, as I get more familiar with the system it’ll get clearer I’m sure. That’s an excellent suggestion which I’ll act on tout de suite 🤗x

Howw Man,wa Geordie folks on this site,[whey...my Son keeps correcting me...wa not Geordies at aal...wa Northumbrians!! ...wat thi hell!!]...wat does toot de sweetie mean in punds shullin's ind pence?!!....n wa not Frogs eetha!!Heh heh...nea disrespect..ignorance is bliss we used ti say!!

When aa was 15 yrs aad,in 1959,a used ti waak from Hollymoont Square,in the deep snaa,when the Buses were laid off,and waak up the Railway [Tanky]line from the Low Pit,at Scotland Gate,reet up ti the High Pit,a stryght mile,mind that WAS hard work,trudging through Snaa two feet deep and deeper wheor the snaa had drifted![ a total of Fower Miles,afore wi even clocked on!!]

The point of aal this is,we wad nivvor hae thowt that one day,ye wadn't see the line,for a lovely wood waak,the Friends of Choppingtin Woods have worked a miracle in creating that haven!!

But a canna help but think,when a used ti gaan up the entrance road from Guide Post road,[the PIT ROAD!!]wi LBJ,a used ti stop where the Pit Baths were,and reminisce,get me bearings reet,the Winder Hoose was owa theor,[a gud aad Steam Winder..100 yrs aad!],the Timber Yard doon heor,and the Lamp Cabin and Tally Cabins owa thoer....!!

A detested that pit,but noo that a haven't got wee LBJ,ti get me oot,a have luvly memories of gaan doon thon woods in the orly mornin sunleet..Magic!!

Aye,Alan's the BUGGER ti see if ye waant ti knaa owt aboot Barn'tin!!

Cheers Folks!!

HPW.[absent a lot,but still kicking aboot!]

• Like 3

@ lilbill15..me Son loves the Red Het Chilli Peppors,a great Band he says......er!....ye DAE mean the band...daein't ye?!!!

• Haha 1

@HIGH PIT WILMA❣️X a very good afternoon to you BigBill, I’m delighted to hear from you, Sir x. Thoroughly enjoyed your narrative of your journey from Hollymount square to Choppington High Pit, especially in the snow, and earning a pittance no doubt? Did you take your bait box, and what was your favourite? Please tell me more about LBJ? I suspect your lil dog but surely not named ferra US President? I’m puzzled 🤔 xx Yes of course, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, my favourite song depends on today’s mood and the weather- currently “Otherside” 🎼heard your voice through a photograph
I thought it up and brought up the past
Once you know you can never go back
I gotta take it on the other side🎶, reminds me a a lost love 💕. Tomorrow my favourite will be something else entirely. Your son has impeccable taste, obviously runs in the family 😁. Tell him I saw them live @ Coventry Stadium- WHAT A GREAT SHOW 🎶🤩😵💫!! Best regards RoseanneRainbow    😁🌈x

On 30/06/2021 at 21:41, lilbill15 said:

:huh:, hmm, please forgive my first very amateurish video attempt; explanation/clarification available if required 😁🌈x (the brown/white  shape on the fence post was a buzzard) x

It’ll probably help if I mention that the two pics of a sunny open space within the heart of the woods is the relic of Puce Bush Farm. I’ll need to go back at the end and year when the luxuriant meadow has died back in order to see what is underneath. If anyone wants still photos please message me, regards Roseanne 😁🌈x

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now