Puce Bush Farm

Good evening Mr Edgar, hoping you are keeping well? x I’m feeling extremely lazy this evening; I’m looking for a street plan of Vulcan place, beech grove millbank terrace:- looking to find the name of the buildings which were replaced by Brook Court? I’ve had another long busy day and I’m struggling with BedCoUk search tool, I’m too tired to wrestle 🙁xx I know you’ll have the answer 🤩:wave:xx

41 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

Good evening Mr Edgar, hoping you are keeping well? x I’m feeling extremely lazy this evening; I’m looking for a street plan of Vulcan place, beech grove millbank terrace:- looking to find the name of the buildings which were replaced by Brook Court? I’ve had another long busy day and I’m struggling with BedCoUk search tool, I’m too tired to wrestle 🙁xx I know you’ll have the answer 🤩:wave:xx

Are you after a current street view of one from a certain era eg. 1940's - 50's etc. - and I will see what I can do - tomorrow.🙂

• Like 1

Hiya x thanks for your prompt response. I’m looking for 50’s/60’s simply the name of the street that was opposite Beech Grove before Brook Close. I’ve seen a street map for that part of Bedlington also a B/W photo “?….. buildings “ I’ve got them somewhere but not so easy to locate. Forgive my “putting on to you “, if you’re busy I’ll get on and find it myself, eventually; no worries xx Also, if you take this on, no hurry, absolutely just when you’ve got some spare time 😁🌈, thanks xxx

@Canny lassthank you very much, 😁🌈xx. Now I’m handing this over to @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948), because I know there is a photo of Gladstone Terrace; incidentally my mum had a friend there and I have distant memories of visiting a house through the (squared) arch, facing the garden at the back.

28 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

@Canny lassthank you very much, 😁🌈xx. Now I’m handing this over to @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948), because I know there is a photo of Gladstone Terrace; incidentally my mum had a friend there and I have distant memories of visiting a house through the (squared) arch, facing the garden at the back.

I will have a look but I can't remember any images showing a street of houses that was Gladstone Terrace having been posted on any of the groups.  I think there have been a couple of photos of Hirst terrace, in front of Gladstone Terrace, where some of Gladstone can be seen.   

Hirst Terrace Then & Now.jpg

And from the other end, without tags :-  Beech grove on the left - 'Coffin' chapel - Stokers Buildings - Hirst terrace on the right :- 

18422867_1284280741691948_697596923812982715_o.jpg.2d85225102bafbe5ccfd75329dd6fb69.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
  • Like 1

Grrr “like “ isn’t strong enough! LOVE how you come up with the goods x I was misled (pronounced mizzled) by @Canny lass’s reference to Gladstone Terrace, but rather it WAS HIRST Terrace I was looking for. Thank you very much good Sir, ye’re a genius :book:R🌈xxx

Edited by lilbill15
Typo

Yup, thank you very much @Canny lass you’ve confirmed my doubts about Google streetview, it’s not worth the time of day just yet:- too many errors. I will dispatch the app pro tem and come back to it in the future to see if they’ve ironed out the disparities. It occurred to me this week that I could maybe tailor a stream called “Bedlington then and now”, again aiming at the “Far-flung Beddies; the elsewhere folks could post a Bedlington “then “ picture and I would find the site and post a  “now” pic to keep ex-Beddies abreast of changes. I’d value your opinion Rx

3 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

........................... I have distant memories of visiting a house through the (squared) arch, facing the garden at the back.

The only photo I have seen with an arch close to Hirst Terrace is that one of Stoker's Buildings that @John Fox (foxy) posted. There was a posting of Stokers Buildings on the Bygone Bedlington (BB) group in response to a member - Krystal Hemsley - who was looking for a photo of the house where here granda, Jack Hemsley, used to live. 

One member, Frances Morton posted this comment :- 

Frances Morton

I think the gentleman who lived there had a horse in a stable to the rear of the building and refused to sell when the council wanted to purchase it to improve the road by widening.It seemed to be the talk at the time he insisted on wanting stabling for this horse and because none could be provided there he stayed. That is probably why the road has such a nasty corner. It is also that same corner that has caused at least 2 cars and 1 motor bike to end up in our front garden and 1 car in next doors garden. We thought a bomb had gone off.

The house that Jack Hemsley lived is still standing but it has been converted into two flats (so another member on BB commented).

The old photos, no dates but probably very early 20th century, I posted above do not completely match Foxy's photo = no arch, and I have no idea when the arch was built. Yon can see in Foxy's photo that the the one house, closest to the Coffin Chapel, still has curtains at the windows :- 

Stokers comp.jpg

7 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

I have to write something in order to post an edit? 

I don't, and I know canny lass doesn't (as she always checks her posts and edit's where necessary) so I can't think what is going wrong with yours. When you select the Edit option from the three options under the three dots in the top right hand corner of something you have just posted - complete your edit - then scroll down to the 'Save' button, bottom right of screen, and select that and the post + edit should be saved and no further action required. 

I think the time you are allowed between posting a comment, and then the  using the edit option is approx 10 mins. After that time the Edit option is no longer available.

I have now gone back to this comment, selected the Edit from the '...' - added the image - and the selected the Save button, bottom right.

Edit and Save.png

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
  • Thanks 1

This field is required!??

hi @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948), responding to your advisory  email, did you get my reply about having visited this building with my mother? That’s the one I’ve been having problems with sending, hopefully it was sent despite apparent technical difficulties? x

Edited by lilbill15

1 minute ago, lilbill15 said:

hi @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948), responding to your advisory  email, did you get my reply about having visited this building with my mother? That’s the one I’ve been having problems with sending, hopefully it was sent despite apparent technical difficulties? x

7 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

So…. I have to create my response, edit and save before I can send reply, is this right? Doesn’t happen every time but now I know another way to do it , thank you very much 😁🌈x

Edited by lilbill15

6 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

I did

3 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

So…. I have to create my response, edit and save before I can send reply, is this right? Doesn’t happen every time but now I know another way to do it , thank you very much 😁🌈x

No - you can reply to any comment by just typing in a comment and then select the 'Submit Reply'

If you want to show the comment that you are replying to then you select the 'Quote' option that is available after every comment made by anyone, type your reply and then select the Submit Reply option.

13 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

It’s still happening, despite edit-save, a new drop down box appears when I “submit reply “ and won’t send “this field is required “! I don’t know if it’s been sent and I’m just repeating myself ?

Edited by lilbill15
Typo

17 minutes ago, lilbill15 said:

Je ne comprends pas - 'Submit reply' is the input command for replying to a comment where you have selected 'Quote'.

'Save' is the input command to a comment you have typed. 

So I can't see how you are getting both input commands when adding a comment. 

I suggest you do a 'Quote' - then'Save' then 'Log Off' and check the following day🙂.

I'm logging off for tonight😊 

• Thanks 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now