Rainbow 🌈 family

My Dad’s mum was nee Lily Rainbow, sisters Violet and? Iris. There was his grandad Matthew (Matty) who I was told lived Millfield area. There was (is?) (great-?) uncle Jimmy Rainbow, Lily’s ?brother, I remember watching a Picnic day parade from the window of his upstairs sitting room Front Street East app 1967. I think there are ?cousins Joy and Valerie nee Rainbow. Anyone able to add/advise, please? x

23 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

.........................I think there are ?cousins Joy and Valerie nee Rainbow. Anyone able to add/advise, please? x

Remembered it - Stead Lane Primary School - The Oval. Only one class photo has been posted on any of the Bedlington groups for this school. My sister, Anne, was at the school, 1959 to 1962, before going to Barrington CP for three years.

No 25 is Joy Rainbow.

5 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Remembered it - Stead Lane Primary School - The Oval. Only one class photo has been posted on any of the Bedlington groups for this school. My sister, Anne, was at the school, 1959 to 1962, before going to Barrington CP for three years.

No 25 is Joy Rainbow.

Thank you very much, 25 is recorded as Valerie Rainbow 🌈 xxx

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/06/2021 at 13:14, lilbill15 said:

My Dad’s mum was nee Lily Rainbow, sisters Violet and? Iris. There was his grandad Matthew (Matty) who I was told lived Millfield area. There was (is?) (great-?) uncle Jimmy Rainbow, Lily’s ?brother, I remember watching a Picnic day parade from the window of his upstairs sitting room Front Street East app 1967. I think there are ?cousins Joy and Valerie nee Rainbow. Anyone able to add/advise, please? x

On 19/06/2021 at 19:32, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Afraid not - the surname rainbow does seem to ring a bell, probably from school days - 1950's -60's, but nothing positive coming back🙂

That's it - there was a Joy Rainbow at Barrington County primary when I was there. See photo in the album - Class 2 1955-56.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Douglas, welcome to the forum!

It's amazing the value that's placed on photos. Ask most people what they'd save first if the house went on fire and they'd say 'photos'. They can never be replaced.

Have a look through the gallery photos here. You may find some relatives on school photos or mining photos. Most have some, or even all, names added. It's a fantastic resource for research.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now