The Big Battery Factory

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Britishvolt, the company currently building UK’s first large-scale electric vehicle battery manufacturing facility, or gigafactory, is attracting interest from major investors from the automobile industry. A market analyst, who asked to remain anonymous, told Express.co.uk: “They have the best site in the UK and a rapidly developing product, with the first batch of cells recently sent to customers for testing. "It’s no secret that there’s going to be a supply/demand imbalance for cells, especially sustainably produced cells.”

Sources told Express.co.uk that the company may now be a target for mergers and acquisitions by the likes of “Jaguar Land Rover, or even Tesla”.

This would mark a major takeover of the company, which is aiming to build around 300,000 electric battery packs a year through this gigafactory, with a total capacity of over 38 GWh.

Musk-tipped-for-major-UK-expansion-with-

Full story: Musk tipped for Brexit U-turn in huge UK investment with Tesla gigafactory takeover

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, this is what the Tories 'levelling-up' scheme looks like in practice.  I wonder if site was in Royal Tumbridge Wells the money would be found.  Remember what Rishydishysunac said to those Tories there ... he'd diverted support funding from deprived areas to affluent ones!

1 hour ago, Symptoms said:

So, this is what the Tories 'levelling-up' scheme looks like in practice.  I wonder if site was in Royal Tumbridge Wells the money would be found.  Remember what Rishydishysunac said to those Tories there ... he'd diverted support funding from deprived areas to affluent ones!

I think the only good point to come out of this evenings local news was that the BBC presenters managed to say, after months of practise, Cammus and not Cam - bois.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Symptoms said:

So is Britishvolt in talks with you  @Symptoms:). I saw the story on the local news, BBC1, on Monday and the only thing that cought my attention was the fact that they still don't know how to say the word 'Cambois' - it always comes out as 'Blyth'🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now