Tommy Miller & Gordon Adamson

Tonyp

I'm curious to know what happened to these people, Gordon Adamson had the papershop near the Northumberland arms pub. It was the only place that sold Bedlington terrier souvenir plates cups etc, I used to work for him as a paper boy in the mid seventies my round was the hollymount round £1.80 for the morning round 60p for the evening round new what every house got delivered without looking at my list lol. Tommy miller ran bingo hall opposite the black bull pub he's wife was called violent I think, he had a son called Joesph he went into the merchant navy as a radio officer.As I say just wandering what happened to them & there businesses 

Hi CL yeah he was a nice guy joe, when I left school I went to merchant navy aswell on the start of my adventures in life when I was on leave always had a chat with him in there cafe if he was on leave really nice guy I think tommy bought the place off Clarence Cooper if I remember right.But not sure 

2 hours ago, Tonyp said:

I'm curious to know what happened to these people, Gordon Adamson had the papershop near the Northumberland arms pub. It was the only place that sold Bedlington terrier souvenir plates cups etc, I used to work for him as a paper boy in the mid seventies my round was the hollymount round £1.80 for the morning round 60p for the evening round new what every house got delivered without looking at my list lol.

Tommy miller ran bingo hall opposite the black bull pub he's wife was called violent I think, he had a son called Joesph he went into the merchant navy as a radio officer.As I say just wandering what happened to them & there businesses 

@Tonyp = What decade, 1960's or 70's or later, are you referring to and I will ask the members of the local Facebook groups if anyone remembers those two and has any info on them.

Hi Alan definitely early 70s to mid 70s I was paper lad there from 73 to 75 & they were always heavy on Saturday morning & Thursday evening when you got the blyth news which wasn't free then I believe it's free now 

22 minutes ago, Tonyp said:

Hi Alan definitely early 70s to mid 70s I was paper lad there from 73 to 75 & they were always heavy on Saturday morning & Thursday evening when you got the blyth news which wasn't free then I believe it's free now 

Cheers Tony - let you know if I get any info🙂

@Tonyp - replies to your question from the Bygone Bedlington Facebook group members :-

Allison Jones

Joseph miller Tommy's son has the computer shop on glebe road bank above the barbers and chip shop.

Jean Hale
Gordon died a few years ago but his wife Irene is in a home now after she had a fall.

John Henderson
Tommy & Vi ran the Greengrocer shop, Tommy started the bingo in the shop next door to the greengrocers. He was a great musician and played at most of the clubs at some time or another but was at the Universal in Ashington for a long time. He often went to the computer shop that his son Joe ran but admitted that he had absolutely no idea how computers worked. Sadly both Tommy and Vi have passed away.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now