Bedlington East End FC

@Ovalteeny - I was searching for anything to do with Bedlington on the RootsChat forum and I came across this posting, Bedlington East End fc completed :-

1214780975_rootschat.thumb.png.ece7a421c3c2739da0616cfee8a8ca8e.png

I have searched on all the local groups but I can't find anything about the team thomas1879 has posted info on.

Have you found anything on them when you were searching the newspaper archives?🙂

From the research that I did I can confirm that there was a football team called Bedlington East End FC. After trawling through all the local league tables (between 1946 & 1956) in the Blyth News/Morpeth Heralds available at Woodhorn Archives I can see that they played in the East Northumberland League from season 1951/52 through to 1955/56. At the same time there was also Bedlington Dr. Pit Welfare FC and also Bedlington Mechanics FC playing in leagues of a higher standard. However, I have not discovered any photos or indeed did I find any match reports or team selection, so I can't help with naming names.

12 hours ago, Ovalteeny said:

From the research that I did I can confirm that there was a football team called Bedlington East End FC. After trawling through all the local league tables (between 1946 & 1956) in the Blyth News/Morpeth Heralds available at Woodhorn Archives I can see that they played in the East Northumberland League from season 1951/52 through to 1955/56. At the same time there was also Bedlington Dr. Pit Welfare FC and also Bedlington Mechanics FC playing in leagues of a higher standard. However, I have not discovered any photos or indeed did I find any match reports or team selection, so I can't help with naming names.

Thanks Jack👍

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now