Concrete things in fields

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Canny lass, just indicating the current site of interest:- ? possible remains of the infamous Puce Bush (farm)? I’m not understanding the numbers on the OS map site indicator. @Josimarsz and myself plus Poppy and Max will attempt to find and check out the area. Will keep you posted 😁🌈xx

2682018E-0480-4CF8-AD07-DB3E43C18234.png

@lilbill15- can't remember ever using coordinates. Loaded Google maps and clicked (with me mouse) where I though that image on your photo above was at and Google added a pointer with coordinates. Added an old map with St Paul's and Pruce Bush on and this is what I would come up with - but honestly I have no idea what I am doing - just clagging bits of info together☺️.  

Puce Bush 1938 info2.jpg

• Like 1

:wave:Halloo @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)️Look what I found!! B****r me! Is this your wizardry at play? Business:- d’you think I’m on the right track for yon Puce Bush, then? 

So sorry, please forgive me, but I can’t resist having a frolic in the  “emoticons” now I’ve found them :jump::book:.     ♥️xxx

17 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

honestly I have no idea what I am doing - just clagging bits of info together

Honestly, I have no idea either - but for God's sake keep doing it! Your clagging has induced clarity and cohesion to many a topic and a s such has earned its rightful place here on Bedders. Where would we be without you and your clarting and clagging!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

I’m hoping @Canny lassmight advise on the coordinates technical bits?

Hi @lilbill15

I’m sorry but I can’t be of any assistance with those numbers. I have no idea what they are. Like, Eggy, I don’t use coordinates. I do like Google Earth for this sort of thing because you can go back and look at earlier views of the same area.

Here’s a series of pictures from the area under discussion. I’ll start with a map from 1898 then aerial views of the same area from: 2002, 2006, 2015, and 2020. On each view I marked the spot where I think Puce Bush farm was located (Blue) using St Paul’s Church (Red) and the old road into Choppington Colliery (Green) as reference points. I ended up in roughly the same spot as Eggy. Google Earth gives the coordinates at the bottom of the screen print. It varies slightly pic to pic but not significantly. I probably didn’t land on the same spot with my mouse every time. However, the coordinates shown are close to those that Eggy gives.

Eggy: 55.149482,  1.610697

G. Earth: 55o09’03.11”N (North)  1o36’36’37.67”V (West)

... but they don’t resemble anything on your picture:

583972 North  424911 East

I’ve no idea what your numbers represent.

Puce Bush 1898_LI.jpg

Puce Bush 2002 (2)_LI.jpg

Puce Bush 2006 (2)_LI.jpg

Puce Bush 2015 (2)_LI.jpg

Puce Bush 2020 (2)_LI.jpg

• Like 1

I’m optimistic that it will become clear. Also I’ll bombard OS and demand they clarify 😬xx thank you all for not dismissing the idiot (non) savant. Time for me to knock off for the night and gird my loins for tomorrow’s beach excursion- North Cambois, that’s Brown’s Farm for you elders. XXR🌈xxx

Good  morning t😑there @Vic Patterson and absolutely not 37C but weather looks to be shaping up nicely for the beach later. Yes, did Geoggers @BGS and recognise map coordinates, and confirmed by @Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)and @Canny lassyesterday, but it’s the numbers produced on my OSMaps app that are causing the confusion. I’m going to get on to them and ask and take up @Canny lass’s prompt to incorporate Google Earth when I’m rummaging in future :rolleyes: x

I'm sure they do but the only thing I'll be buying from UK is tax-free whisky on return journeys (assuming we ever get let out again). Brexit has meant that buying anything from Blighty involves a delivery time of months. Even a first class letter now takes 3-4 weeks instead of four days. I'm still waiting for a birthday present for a grandson - ordered May 7 in good time for a birthday 3 June. Last tracked June 15 at Heathrow Airport where it was said ti o be "in the post".

Should this wonder cure you speak of eventually arrive here, despite all odds, it probably wouldn't be allowed in because it's a medication - and not many are approved by the authorities. I'll just have to plod on with my pillarless airy ellipsoid just as it is.

• Haha 1

Ah, @Canny lass! I’m shocked to hear that Brexit has had such a negative impact outside the UK! I was in the quite substantial “remainers” peeps and I’m now scoffing quietly to myself every time I hear Brits whinging about the problems that Brexit has caused eg the fishermen who can no longer sell their catch to Europe or the farmers who have disintegrating meat and dairy products because it takes so long to export!! Didn’t any of them consider this when 52% of them voted to leave?!  Very sad to hear that folks who probably didn’t get the chance to vote are being impacted too! :thumbsdown::wacko:xx     P.S. from personal experience I can suggest that German pharmacies are pretty well stocked with all sorts of products related to your condition. Trying not to sound “ageist!” you must look after your ellipsoids at your time of life lady. 😁xx

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/06/2021 at 03:52, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Morning Vic - can't see any way around the problem when loading the system.

VISTA, It's back Alan, my son was able to re-install and get it working, I don't go on line with it now but do like my old programs that are much more friendly than newer ones. Now to save anything I can before it dies again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Patterson said:

VISTA, It's back Alan, my son was able to re-install and get it working, I don't go on line with it now but do like my old programs that are much more friendly than newer ones. Now to save anything I can before it dies again.

Rock on Vista:punk:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now