Shiney row

Can anyone remember john and olive greaves who lived in shiney row, these were my grandparents i lived in barrington. When the pits closed when i was 8 we moved to staffordshire so i am just trying to get some photos and maybe a relative contact.

Thanks in advance

Keith

13 hours ago, Keith Batey said:

Can anyone remember john and olive greaves who lived in shiney row, these were my grandparents i lived in barrington. When the pits closed when i was 8 we moved to staffordshire so i am just trying to get some photos and maybe a relative contact.

Thanks in advance

Keith

Unfortunately not @Keith Batey 

In the Gallery section we have an albums under 'Historic Bedlington' and there is an album 'Doctor Pit & Rows' and there are a couple of photos of Shiney Row but no mention of the families that lived there.

Also under 'Historic Bedlington' there are albums for all the past and current Bedlington schools where many class photos are posted. Under each class photo posted there are additional photos with pupils names added. There is also an album for Barrington County Primary School within the 'Historic Bedlington' group and the surname Greaves does appear a few times.

Let's know any other names you are searching for and i will see what I can find.

Thanks Alan i will do some searching. Do you know the name nextstep in this group i think he may be a relative he sent a picture but lost touch.

Thanks again 

4 hours ago, Keith Batey said:

Thanks Alan i will do some searching. Do you know the name nextstep in this group i think he may be a relative he sent a picture but lost touch.

Thanks again 

@Keith Batey - there was a company under the name of 'nextstep' joined this group back in 2009. There were no images posted under 'nextstep' and within the comment posted under nextstep the aouthor used the name Frank. This is a direct link back to the 2009 posting :- 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2021 at 21:33, Keith Batey said:

Thanks in advance

Keith

Hello there Keith Batey,

Olive and John (Jack) Graves were my grandparents, lived in Shiney Row while he worked at the Doctor pit. My mother Rose was your Aunt, your mum Mary married Harry, my mum married Frank Hutton, Frank Hutton jr. is my brother (lives Blyth) and John Graves jr married June. There was also Tina who now lives at Ashington.

I’m retired now and been back in Bedlington since 2018, I’d love to hear how you’re getting on,

best regards,

Edited by lilbill15
Missed a bit x

Hello Keith, don’t think so but I’m regularly amazed by what my iPhone does without me knowing what it’s up to. I’m Roseanne, Dad was in the army and we arrived in Bedlington 1962/3. I remember visiting Nana and Granda Graves at Shiney Row (??27) regularly. I remember Auntie Mary and Uncle Harry vaguely, they weren’t around much and I only really knew I had cousins but don’t remember meeting. I was born 1957, Frank 59.

I’m going to rummage for any photos I’ve got to send to you, but I haven’t got much.  If you can locate my (sadly) estranged brother Frank- I’m sure he was the. ‘restart’ contact, that’s his line. I’m wondering whether Christine (was Tina back then) might have seen your post, she would definitely be the best person for photos etc. 
Chat soon x

Hi

I was sent a picture of grandad and your mum together outside the back gate, it was sent by nextstep which i found out it was Frank Hutton unfortunately i lost the picture some how me and technology don't get on😂 so i messaged Frank but have no reply. Are you on messenger? If so use my email address if you prefer👍x

@lilbill15- Roseanne rather than display your email address to the www by putting it in a comment it's best to put all your personal info etc. in a private Message (similar to Facebook messenger). The private message facility is via the envelope at the top right of the page :- 

messages.thumb.png.ac80c5ff1e53b286bbd080764a8b841d.png

If you ask Admin they can delete the comment with your email address in🙂.

Similar to Facebook this site has a method of 'tagging' a person. If you want Admin to delete the comment then just create anther comment within this topic starting your comment with an @ followed immediately by the persons name. To delete comments you will have to tagg Andy Milne or John Fox.

Start your request with @ followed by the name of the person eg. @Andy and a list of members whose name begins with And will appear and just select the one you want and their name will be highlighted and when you have finished the comment a message will be sent to the person notifying them that they have been tagged and they will check it out.

tagg.thumb.png.95c0888cd0d1157c76cfeefb98e921a8.png

2 hours ago, Keith Batey said:

How do i delete this post?

Keith - there is no facility for a member to delete full topics or comments within topics. If you want anything deleted you will have to ask, via comment of Message, to delete.

I see from a comment above you lived at Barrington so I had a check in the Barringtop CP School album we have in the Gallery. This is a direct link to the album that I believe you are in - Class 1 1960 :-#

On 15/05/2021 at 15:12, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

Keith - there is no facility for a member to delete full topics or comments within topics. If you want anything deleted you will have to ask, via comment of Message, to delete.

I see from a comment above you lived at Barrington so I had a check in the Barringtop CP School album we have in the Gallery. This is a direct link to the album that I believe you are in - Class 1 1960 :-#

@Keith Batey - did you find your class photo in the Barrington album?

Hi Alan

Yes i found the picture thanks again, looking at that picture and the one i have, i must have the school photo which is one of just me on my own if they did them then because they are so similar.

Regards

• Like 1

Hi Alan 

Just a question, the post that nextstep sent to me contained a photograph of my grandad and aunt with a dog some how it disappeared is there any way of finding it?  

Regards 

@Alanhi, Alan, I’m butting in here a bit because I’ve discovered another thread SawyerGraves (chele51) , all part of the Shiney Row Graves family. Apparently there was a photo of John and Rose Graves on this site a few years ago- is it still available, we’d love to see it if possible, please? Regards Roseanne 

@Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)just sent the last message to the wrong Alan!! I’m looking for a photo of Granda John Graves and Rose Graves with dog (probably old English setter) beside the gate & Shiney Row which was apparently posted several years ago by “next step “, Keith Batey and I would love to see it if possible please? Also, are there any photos of West End juniors 64-68, please?  Best regards, Roseanne 🌈x

11 hours ago, lilbill15 said:

@Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)just sent the last message to the wrong Alan!! I’m looking for a photo of Granda John Graves and Rose Graves with dog (probably old English setter) beside the gate & Shiney Row which was apparently posted several years ago by “next step “, Keith Batey and I would love to see it if possible please? Also, are there any photos of West End juniors 64-68, please?  Best regards, Roseanne 🌈x

Roseanne - I have searched the group and can't find any photos of the Graves family.

I can see the post from 'nextstep' (Frank Hutton - December 2009) posted in the Friends and Family section but there are no photos posted, just a request for Keith Batey to PM him :-

nextstep.thumb.png.f943f4943c1b969414ba574bab19b7d1.png

Hi Alan

That was the message i have seen but it had a picture attached, the next time i tried to go into the message it could not be found and i needed to report it which i did but I've heard nothing from that.

Regards 

12 hours ago, Keith Batey said:

Hi Alan 

Just a question, the post that nextstep sent to me contained a photograph of my grandad and aunt with a dog some how it disappeared is there any way of finding it?  

Regards 

Keith - I have searched the site but can't find any photos posted by 'nextstep'. Can you remember if he sent you photos via the personal message system?  Have you selected the envelop at the top right of the screen? When selected ithe system shows a list of messages you have been active in. What I can't be sure of is if Messages from back in 2009 are still available as the system has been upgraded a few times since then and messages may have been dropped.

@Andy Millne - are Messages from 2009 still available?

I have just gone back to the start when i first received the message, this was on the 7th April the message said nextstep has sent you a message, i read the message and looked at the picture. When i went back into the message the next day i had a screen come up saying ( cannot locate the item you are trying to view) error code 2s136/c contact us. But i did not get any further i don't know if this will help

Regards

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now