Connecting to bedlington.co.uk - welcome is throwing an error

12 minutes ago, John Fox (foxy) said:

Can anyone tell me how to overcome my new laptop blocking this forum? Only way I can access the website is by turning off the firewall.  All other websites are available with firewall switched on.

John - when attempting to connect does it return a message to the laptop?  Can't see me solving your problem but knowing what the response from your attempted connection - :) Did you install security software or do you just use the laptops built in Firewall?

On further investigation it looks like they have an issue with the IP address which is shared with other web sites so it's possible there is another objectionable one. I have contacted McAfee for a review/more info.

• Like 2

@John Fox (foxy) - lets hope Andy's question with McAfee gets you to a solution.🙂

Like Andy my next question (even though I have never used McAfee) would have been on the lines of - 'What 'Settings', if any, are set within the security software'  and that would have been followed by - 'Try changing the settings'😏 

Can't offer any other help😇

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Have you tried twiddling the hoojackapivvy on the whotsit? Failing that a good old slap to the thingamyjig might do the trick! No need to thank me lads.

A forgot all aboot the 'hoojackapivvy' - divin't tell me kids, they'l think am gannin senial😲

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

Have you tried twiddling the hoojackapivvy on the whotsit? Failing that a good old slap to the thingamyjig might do the trick! No need to thank me lads.

I  usually tried that on a Thursday night after departing the Red Lion about 11.45 pm and sometimes it worked, however Boris stopped all that a few months back so now it's all down to Andy to sort out!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Canny lass said:

We can all be cerebrally challenged at times!

Feels like most times these days - must get out for some fresh air and twiddle.

Switching subjects, again, but sticking to cerebrally challenged, my mind keeps telling me that I read somewhere (and I can't find that writing 😲) that our Dr trotter had a brother (also a doc?) that lived near Scotland Gate.

But I could just be challenging myself and desperate to help Heather W.

Gone for a lie down and a cuppa.

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

30 minutes ago, John Fox (foxy) said:

Still getting this

It's unblocked at McAfee so there may be a local cache that needs updating on your computer. Try again in a few hours. To workaround you can whitelist the 31.193.136.176 IP

1. Open McAfee.
  2. Click Web and Email Protection or click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner.
  3. Select Firewall, scroll down, and then click Net Guard.
  4. Select the IP Address listed for the site that you want to access.

NOTE: To identify the IP address by name, you need to use a DNS or IP address lookup tool.

5. Click Edit, and then change Block to Allow.
  6. Click Save or Apply.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now