Relatives born in Bedlington around 1876/78

A thought I have is Bill married a lady from Blyth(I'm fairly sure) and I knew her as Penny and they may have lived on Princess Louise Road, Blyth. I'm telling you this in case you decide to search for Bills father via Bills wedding certificate. I'm not aware of any children from the marriage. Bill now lives in Thailand or one of the other far eastern countries but have no contact details. Scott and Neave still have a Plumbing and Heating shop in Blyth. Bill sold it to the existing employees so they may know if Bill had a middle name. I'm sure the lady who now owns it will know because she worked there before Bill left. If you get really lucky she may have an email address for him in the far east. If you do make contact tell him you got the information from apprentice Keith from Hendersons. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2021 at 23:34, Oldwulf said:

Thanks, I've made a note of him, and will see if I can find any info on him. I know that apart from my direct relatives there was a second family of Neave living nearby, so he might be one of mine or of this second family.

On 15/05/2021 at 21:17, Jammy said:

Oldwulf.  I've lived in Bedlington all my life and only came across one Neave family. This is what I know which may or may not be of any use to you. ................

Now don't tell anyone but I have been reading a book - To The Miner Born by Mary Wade. Really I was just looking for any new images to add to any of the albums in the Gallery - unfortunately there aren't any new ones. I must have Google searched for the book after I saw a comment by @Maggie/915 and I found a copy on Amazon - £3.46,  free postage, so I sent for it.

Chapter Eighteen - Page 87 mentions a Mr Neave, of North Terrace (Doctor Pit pit row). It's the one and only mention he gets in the book. There is no date mentioned but as the author had left school, age 14, I am guessing that it was the mid 1930's when Mr Neave was collecting weekly amounts of money from the miners for Friendlt Society - The Ancient Order of Foresters.

Neave.jpg

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

William Neave, My Great Grandmother's Brother, lived at 47 North Terrace (on 1911 Census) but by 1939 he had moved to a retired Miners Home in Hartford, where he died in 1939. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2021 at 21:56, Jammy said:

A thought I have is Bill married a lady from Blyth(I'm fairly sure) and I knew her as Penny and they may have lived on Princess Louise Road, Blyth. I'm telling you this in case you decide to search for Bills father via Bills wedding certificate. I'm not aware of any children from the marriage. Bill now lives in Thailand or one of the other far eastern countries but have no contact details. Scott and Neave still have a Plumbing and Heating shop in Blyth. Bill sold it to the existing employees so they may know if Bill had a middle name. I'm sure the lady who now owns it will know because she worked there before Bill left. If you get really lucky she may have an email address for him in the far east. If you do make contact tell him you got the information from apprentice Keith from Hendersons. 

Yes I have found him now, I think he was Thomas William Neave, and Married Penny Gray in 1962. I can trace his Family back to 1766 at which time they lived 10 miles from my Neave Family in Norfolk. I haven't found a link that says he's related to me, but its very useful info for identifying this other Neave family. One of My Neave Ancestors also started a business in Blyth with my Great Uncle, they were Neave and Proom and were wagon builders just after WW1, They emigrated in 1920s to South Africa and had a wagon works there for many years.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• Get the latest Northumberland news and updates delivered straight to your inbox
      All they want to do is cradle their newborn baby in their arms.
      But Bedlington parents Carly Walker and Ryan Murphy have been forced to watch from the sidelines as their daughter fights for her life.
      Little Ayda Faith Murphy was born prematurely on March 31, weighing just 4lbs, at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary.
      Rushed for her first operation straight after birth and another at just four days old, she's battling terrifying odds after being diagnosed with a series of incredibly rare birth defects.
      An almost unique variant of gastroschisis, a defect of the abdominal wall, has left her intestines pushing up into her chest - a condition doctors estimate is suffered by no more than 10 babies worldwide.
      Meanwhile, her heart appears to have flipped over and lies on the wrong side of her chest, while she's receiving oxygen from a machine due to her underdeveloped lungs.
      Keep up-to-date with all the latest news in the county by visiting our Northumberland Live homepage.
      You can sign up to our daily Northumberland newsletter here.
      Facebook: Here's our main Northumberland page.
      Twitter: You can follow the Northumberland Live page here.
      Find The Journal's Northumberland editions on the British Newspaper Archive here.

• Latest Topics