John Stoker Letter

On 16/12/2020 at 16:21, John H Williams said:

Many early Bedlingtons were named Piper.It referred back to a chap who lived near Rothbury,William Allan,a well known 'Piper'.

That explains it. seems from Susan James-Hemsted's post that Piper was in use around the area. Short form of the pedigree name perhaps.

23 hours ago, John H Williams said:

Canny Lass might be familiar with Margam Castle.

Thanks John. I wasn't familiar with just this case but with several others like it. An elederly woman's statement of having been born at a certain palace and the son of a certain prince, and adopted by the palace carpenter springs to mind. That story was deemed to be "delusional thinking".

On 15/12/2020 at 19:43, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

@John H Williams - doesn't answer your question on the CBC letter but a member, Daren Mazzie, of the Bedlington remembered Facebook group replied to my posting with this newspaper cutting. Daren did say that he got access to the cutting via a group he subscribes to but didn't say which group only that the date of the  newspaper is 1868.  

@John H Williams - no info from the local Facebook groups after I posted your question + CBC letter. Naturally if there is ant news/Info posted I will add it into this topic.

7 minutes ago, John H Williams said:

Thank you for trying. Maybe there is nothing else,who knows? Every now and then,something not previously seen turns up. As we say in Wales, Nadolig Llawen  a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

a'r un peth i ti John

• 7 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now