Lockdown 2.0

Denzel

20 hours ago, Denzel said:

Who's seeing it in with a pint tomorrow?

We haven't seen ours out yet. New recommendations for over 70's last week is that they should now follow the same recommendations as everybody else. This is not because the situation is now safer for us to leave our homes but because the number of over 70's seeking help for depression has risen alarmingly. Also new for us  is that local authorities may now make their own rules. Several counties (including mine) have now ruled that people should stay at home. Back to the drawingboard it is for us then. Now in day 230 0f isolation.

1 hour ago, Canny lass said:

We haven't seen ours out yet. New recommendations for over 70's last week is that they should now follow the same recommendations as everybody else. This is not because the situation is now safer for us to leave our homes but because the number of over 70's seeking help for depression has risen alarmingly. Also new for us  is that local authorities may now make their own rules. Several counties (including mine) have now ruled that people should stay at home. Back to the drawingboard it is for us then. Now in day 230 0f isolation.

Roll on 2021 and vaccine. Now in day 274 of isolation - but 17 of them were in a hospital isolation ward where gowned; masked and gloved up young ladies visited me a few times a day.☺️

Welcome back lads,[Den n Jo!],seein'  as aam a teetotaller,it meks nae diffrince ti me..as lang as a can get me Milk fo' me porridge,and me Toastie loafs,an' of corse,me tetties,baigie,cabbage ,carrots,an' dry peas,fo' wa dinna...wa aalreet,wi'll not starve!![er,n me Yorksha's as weel..like..man..!!]

Unfortunately,aam afraid that the mad scenes we've seen where croods of yungin's are delibritly brekkin thi rules,yung lassies ignorantly and shamelessly hoying thasell's in front of the camera's,thinkin tha cool,when in actual fact they luk like pure sluts,and therefore shud aal be put doon,cos sure as god med little apples,sooner or later,SUMBODY,oot o' croods like that,are gaana be responsible for the death ..s  of some poor innocent souls who they cum inti contact wi,by spreading the Virus,through a lack of consideration for fellow Mankind.

Sorry...Rant owa! ....a got carried away and spoke me mind,which,as an aad Pitman,a elvviss hae dun  aal me adult life.

Again,unfortunately,[for me i.e.!],speakin' ya mind sumtimes gets ye inti trubble...!!

Noo where were we?!!

The reason a get het-up,is cos thas that menny keep sayin this is aal a hoax,and that this Virus doesn't exist,when one of my best loved Friend's and Nybors ,of nearly 50 yeors,caught the Virus while in Hospital earlier this yeor,was given the all clear,returned to the Care Home where she lived,caught the Virus in the Care Home [ this was the Second Attack mind!],was re-admitted to Hospital..and very sadly passed away.

Another Friend's Husband caught the Virus in Hospital, was sent home "Clear",still had it silently,passed it on to His Wife,who caught ill with the Virus,and within two weeks,also passed away,leaving her Husband,who has since recovered.Life will not be the same for him now.

What will the Families of those who have fallen victim to this invisible enemy,think,and feel,when they see scenes of Breaches of the Law like they have shown on the News.?

Being a Musician,a can aalwis think of a song to fit an occasion....."When will it ever end?....When will it evvvver ..[accent!]...end?"!![from the 1960's]

If anybody wud care ti gaan onti Facebook,and search for "Orli Summers",She is a very close friend and Nybor of my Son's,in London,and who is Nurse in a Care Home,whey she was,until she caught this terrible Virus IN the Home,where She worked,on the front line,and who has kept a Poetic daily Journal of Her experience of living with Long Covid 19.

Her daily poems are both Heartbreaking,AND,Uplifting,as she battles the up's and down's of the disease.

Believe me,she was thrilled to bits,when I made a funny comment,about her name,and explained that ,in Geordie twang,it meant "Early Summer"...cos she is originally from Israel..[or from Israely Parents]..She picks up bits and pieces of Geordie Twang from Wor Daz,so my comment brightened her day!

Maggie,and Canny Lass,especially,would fully relate to her daily writings,which are absoloutely magnificent,seeing that they come from someone who is living on the edge,and has been for 165 [or more ] days,with this illness,some near to death,and some in respite,not knowing how long it is going to go on,and what the outcome will be.

After watching this morning's Remembrance Service, and seeing how the impact of Coronavirus 19 has affected even our respect to the Fallen Victims of Wars throughout the World,surely no sane person can seriously believe that this is all just a hoax...Conspiracy Theorists 

certainly do think that!!..[this is of course ,without even counting in,the Worldwide Casualties and Fatalities which are a result of the Pandemic.]

15 hours ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

If anybody wud care ti gaan onti Facebook,and search for "Orli Summers",

Just to spread Orli's comments a bit this is what she posted, on her Facebook page, on  the 6th November at 17:28

Please please, please above anything else, please know I’m not seeking sympathy or wanting to make anyone sad or worried. (God knows we are living in sad enough times.)
But thank you for allowing me to keep on sending postcards from the edge.
It’s a bit of a bleak landscape out here and sometimes I fall and bloody my knees.
And sometimes I dance.
“Pain is a treasure, for it contains mercies.” Rumi
CV-19 Day 166
He asks me how I am
and greets each symptom
with an “oy, oy, oy”.
Which, as a Jewess,
I recognise as the song of my people.
But he is Indian.
And it makes me smile.
I tell him that navigating life right now
is like walking over