Bot News

Canny lass

This morning at breakfast I read an excellent article from our News bot here on site. I did this on my mobile phone. The article , Public health boss' plea as Covid-19 'spreading like wildfire' in Northumberland is well worth a read and still available on my phone. However, it doesn't appear here on my lap top when I log in. Is it just me or have we a problem?

PS It should appear just before Eggy's last post on Humford

Edited by Canny lass

On 30/09/2020 at 12:21, Canny lass said:

Is it just me or have we a problem?

PS It should appear just before Eggy's last post on Humford

Can't remember the last day I saw any news when I logged in on the PC😑.

As for Mobile phone with access to the www, I don't have one😂. My mobile is nearly as old as me - Pay As You Go - that I take with me when I go out in the car (last time was February 2020😷) in case the car breaks down and I have to contact anyone🙂.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canny lass said:

This is strange! A couple of hours ago Bot News posted an article on the site about the effect of Covid restrictions on a local couple's wedding. I can see it on my mobile but not here.

just logged on again at 19:05 and this time Bot and the story you mention is there.🙂

Bot.png

5 hours ago, Canny lass said:

Still hasn't shown up on my laptop! There's probably a logical explanation but it's beyond the limits of my digital competence.

Still showing on my PCs this morning😀.

As the Bot entries are displayed in between the latest 'Discussion' comments that have been made I would assume comments & Bot entries are added into a file, in sequence, as they are made and the contents of that files displayed every time a connection to the site is made.

Are you getting a list of the latest comments that have been made when you connect to the site?

-----------------------------------------

After I had saved the comment above I logged out, then reconnected to the site and logged in and the three images below are the sequence of News feed/Comments etc that were displayed :- 

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now