The Netherton Family Treer by Jack Black

Joan Cummings , Bedlington Facebook group, found these 5 pages among some  papers that her parents had kept from a family friend called Jack Black.

There is no date for when Jack Black wrote this 'little rhyme'

@Canny lass - posibilty your family gets a mention - see page 3.:)

1 Netherton.jpg

2 Netherton.jpg

3 Netherton.jpg

4 Netherton.jpg

5 Netherton.jpg

I have a photographed copy of this taken from a book ( I don't know which book), pages 85 - 106,  by "John Edward Fitzgerald Black b. Netherton Colliery 9.2.1915 d. Bedlington 28.3.92". I've no idea where I got it from. Perhaps the typewritten is the original.

That's definitely my family on page 3 

1 hour ago, Canny lass said:

I have a photographed copy of this taken from a book ( I don't know which book), pages 85 - 106,  by "John Edward Fitzgerald Black b. Netherton Colliery 9.2.1915 d. Bedlington 28.3.92". I've no idea where I got it from. Perhaps the typewritten is the original.

That's definitely my family on page 3 

👍

Hi Folks! Dozens of these families were  moved to Hollymount Square from 1947 -on as the Square was being built in phases,over a few years..the council budget must have been really low after the War!

My oldest Sister married into the Bell's,and ran the Ranch up Netherton Lonnen,with Raymond,My older Brother married into the Smith family,nearly all of my playmates were from Netherton Pit Village,as were a lots of my Schoolfriends also.

Jacky Black was my Parents' neighbour down at the bungalows where the post-war Pre-Fabs used ti stand...next to the 20 Acres at Millfield.

Seeing this list of names brought a lot of memories flooding back from my youth!

Thanks for posting it Alan,hope everybody is keeping ok!

• Thanks 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now