What Life Taught Me Today...

threegee

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

I bet multi-millionaire footballer Michael Owen will be heartbroken when he learns what an ignorant racist halfwit on a pit yakker town messageboard thinks of him.

(He does read this board you know, although he reckons it isn't as good since Denzel stopped posting)

I bet multi-millionaire footballer Michael Owen will be heartbroken when he learns what an ignorant racist halfwit on a pit yakker town messageboard thinks of him.

(He does read this board you know, although he reckons it isn't as good since Denzel stopped posting)

who gives a toss! he should be sacked! !*!@# leech!

Like anyone would care whats said on this forum about anyone. Its a forum. Its a FORUM!

Jesus, it must just be me who gets sick of the morbidity on here.

And Denzel shutting his yak doesn't affect my life.

pot calling the kettle eh! ;)

What life taught me today was a simple fact that I should have know better. Trying to catch up on some work, staying late, You dont get payed for it. :(

tell me about it!

Hear hear. 17 million and medical bills, played 13 games since bought and now we here he wants to move on, its got to be a joke.

I seem to recall an expensive son of a metal sheet worker.......not exactly Owen's fault he got injured & would you want to play with that present group of players!!

So very very well put sir :mellow:

I seem to recall an expensive son of a metal sheet worker.......not exactly Owen's fault he got injured & would you want to play with that present group of players!!

Your right it was not Owens fault he got injured but he still has a contrac with the club and he is being payed, so yes I would expect him to give his all for the Toon.

There could still be excitment in a perfect world Joe. The Toon could win the Premier League.

:lol:

Copied from BBC site.......... :rolleyes: 100% spot on

Sam Allardyce is the latest manager unable to resist the temptation to sip from the poisoned chalice that is Newcastle United.

The former Bolton boss insisted he would be taking a break from football when he resigned last month following a successful spell at The Reebok.

And some cynics might suggest he will get one by taking on the task of delivering St James' Park's first trophy since the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in 1969.

This is because Newcastle have occasionally represented the game's equivalent of the madhouse, rather than a club of standing with one of the biggest and most loyal support bases in the game.

It will take a big man to manage the huge weight of over-expectation at a club that loves to portray itself as one of the giant Premiership institutions, without actually coming close to silverware in 38 years.

And Allardyce will need all his force of personality and uncompromising approach to lift the curse that appears to have descended on Tyneside when it comes to success.

Allardyce's appointment has already divided opinion in Newcastle, based on the perceived long-ball, physical style his detractors claim he employed at Bolton.

No end of Opta statistics, or details of any number of backroom scientific experts employed at Bolton, will disabuse some fans of the notion that his approach was actually based on getting the ball to Kevin Davies and hoping for the best.

Allardyce will argue vehemently against that - and his success at Bolton suggests there is far more to his approach than meets the eye.

Big Sam may also respectfully suggest to his Newcastle critics that beggars can't be choosers, given their singular failure to land big prizes.

He must also convince certain figures in a the hugely-powerful Newcastle media, who were openly and savagely critical of Allardyce and methods during his time at Bolton.

It will be interesting to see if they change their tune now.

Throw in the fact that Sunderland have surged into the Premiership under the charismatic Roy Keane, a man who knows what is required at a big club and is ruthlessly driven, and you can see why the Toon Army are insecure about their current status in the North-East.

This is all before Allardyce actually gets down to the task of managing a football club that is always in close proximity to the self-destruct button.

Allardyce will need to rejuvenate a mediocre team that is seemingly split by discontent - and resolve the future of the England striker who still represents their best chance of achieving success.

The job was too big for Glenn Roeder. The credits were rolling for him once he produced little more than a tactically-naive surrender against AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup.

And since his departure, the skeletons have come tumbling out of the cupboard, with Obefami Martins mysteriously declaring himself unfit to play at Watford.

Charles N'Zogbia was jettisoned for preferring to send texts rather than listen to a team talk, and the normally tactiturn Nicky Butt has been moved to criticise team-mates he feels would rather be elsewhere.

A happy ship to join then, Sam.

Allardyce, who has not managed a so-called big club before, first needs to inject a large dose of reality into Newcastle.

He needs to deliver a sharp reminder about the club's history and success - or more pertinently the lack of it.

Allardyce is not following some unbroken glory trail. He is following almost 40 barren years and no-one should insist he comes with a guarantee of success.

Newcastle attract big crowds and spend big money.

But a big club?

Not if you measure that particular statistic by their success in the last 38 years.

Using that yardstick, Sunderland have got the edge on their arch-rivals.

Allardyce needs to re-inforce a defence that occasionally represents the next best thing to an open goal, and rid the dressing room of the shirkers who let Roeder and Newcastle down so badly.

And then we come to Michael Owen.

Owen's time on Tyneside has been wrecked by injury and his public image has taken a bit of a pasting after his return to fitness was accompanied by rumours he may be ready to leave.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd, who for all his critics has always backed managers with cash, has demanded loyalty from Owen.

It is an understandable ploy but whether it is a wise one remains to be seen.

The bottom line is that Owen is fiercely ambitious and lives for winning medals.

He will not fill the gaps in his collection - the title and the Champions League - at Newcastle.

Allardyce will need to be at his most persuasive to keep Owen at Newcastle but my money would be on the England striker quitting, if one of the big four come in for him.

This may seem harsh on Newcastle, but when they bought Owen they did not buy sentiment and romance they bought one of the most ruthless and single-minded figures in world sport.

Newcastle put clauses in his contract to secure his services and fight off a return to Liverpool - they cannot squeal should he choose to exercise them.

So there is the task facing Allardyce.

Win over critics in the crowd and the media. Improve a mediocre team. Rebuild a broken dressing room. Convince Michael Owen to stay at Newcastle.

And win their first trophy in nearly 40 years.

Welcome to Newcastle, Sam

Copied from BBC site.......... :rolleyes: 100% spot on

Sam Allardyce is the latest manager unable to resist the temptation to sip from the poisoned chalice that is Newcastle United.

The former Bolton boss insisted he would be taking a break from football when he resigned last month following a successful spell at The Reebok.

And some cynics might suggest he will get one by taking on the task of delivering St James' Park's first trophy since the Inter Cities Fairs Cup in 1969.

This is because Newcastle have occasionally represented the game's equivalent of the madhouse, rather than a club of standing with one of the biggest and most loyal support bases in the game.

It will take a big man to manage the huge weight of over-expectation at a club that loves to portray itself as one of the giant Premiership institutions, without actually coming close to silverware in 38 years.

And Allardyce will need all his force of personality and uncompromising approach to lift the curse that appears to have descended on Tyneside when it comes to success.

Allardyce's appointment has already divided opinion in Newcastle, based on the perceived long-ball, physical style his detractors claim he employed at Bolton.

No end of Opta statistics, or details of any number of backroom scientific experts employed at Bolton, will disabuse some fans of the notion that his approach was actually based on getting the ball to Kevin Davies and hoping for the best.

Allardyce will argue vehemently against that - and his success at Bolton suggests there is far more to his approach than meets the eye.

Big Sam may also respectfully suggest to his Newcastle critics that beggars can't be choosers, given their singular failure to land big prizes.

He must also convince certain figures in a the hugely-powerful Newcastle media, who were openly and savagely critical of Allardyce and methods during his time at Bolton.

It will be interesting to see if they change their tune now.

Throw in the fact that Sunderland have surged into the Premiership under the charismatic Roy Keane, a man who knows what is required at a big club and is ruthlessly driven, and you can see why the Toon Army are insecure about their current status in the North-East.

This is all before Allardyce actually gets down to the task of managing a football club that is always in close proximity to the self-destruct button.

Allardyce will need to rejuvenate a mediocre team that is seemingly split by discontent - and resolve the future of the England striker who still represents their best chance of achieving success.

The job was too big for Glenn Roeder. The credits were rolling for him once he produced little more than a tactically-naive surrender against AZ Alkmaar in the Uefa Cup.

And since his departure, the skeletons have come tumbling out of the cupboard, with Obefami Martins mysteriously declaring himself unfit to play at Watford.

Charles N'Zogbia was jettisoned for preferring to send texts rather than listen to a team talk, and the normally tactiturn Nicky Butt has been moved to criticise team-mates he feels would rather be elsewhere.

A happy ship to join then, Sam.

Allardyce, who has not managed a so-called big club before, first needs to inject a large dose of reality into Newcastle.

He needs to deliver a sharp reminder about the club's history and success - or more pertinently the lack of it.

Allardyce is not following some unbroken glory trail. He is following almost 40 barren years and no-one should insist he comes with a guarantee of success.

Newcastle attract big crowds and spend big money.

But a big club?

Not if you measure that particular statistic by their success in the last 38 years.

Using that yardstick, Sunderland have got the edge on their arch-rivals.

Allardyce needs to re-inforce a defence that occasionally represents the next best thing to an open goal, and rid the dressing room of the shirkers who let Roeder and Newcastle down so badly.

And then we come to Michael Owen.

Owen's time on Tyneside has been wrecked by injury and his public image has taken a bit of a pasting after his return to fitness was accompanied by rumours he may be ready to leave.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd, who for all his critics has always backed managers with cash, has demanded loyalty from Owen.

It is an understandable ploy but whether it is a wise one remains to be seen.

The bottom line is that Owen is fiercely ambitious and lives for winning medals.

He will not fill the gaps in his collection - the title and the Champions League - at Newcastle.

Allardyce will need to be at his most persuasive to keep Owen at Newcastle but my money would be on the England striker quitting, if one of the big four come in for him.

This may seem harsh on Newcastle, but when they bought Owen they did not buy sentiment and romance they bought one of the most ruthless and single-minded figures in world sport.

Newcastle put clauses in his contract to secure his services and fight off a return to Liverpool - they cannot squeal should he choose to exercise them.

So there is the task facing Allardyce.

Win over critics in the crowd and the media. Improve a mediocre team. Rebuild a broken dressing room. Convince Michael Owen to stay at Newcastle.

And win their first trophy in nearly 40 years.

Welcome to Newcastle, Sam

Boring lol....

Has anyone tried the Opera browser? If so,what`s it like?

Opera is a bit like firefox, although its not as customisable. It could be quicker at loading but security is a lot better than Internet Explorer.

Opera is a bit like firefox, although its not as customisable. It could be quicker at loading but security is a lot better than Internet Explorer.

That IE7 is chronic,i`ve had nowt but bother since i put that on me comp :angry:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now