Argh!

Guest missvic
As for the Blyth/Perry comment, it is because perhaps it's something most people on here agree with? Blyth (or Ashington) being a rival town, and les Perrys clamping old ladies and postman.

So basically,as long as it is your views that we agree upon,it`ll not get deleted? Even though they may be slanderous?

No, not at all!

The rival town affair is reasonably non-specific and generally related to the issue that Bedlington gets a poor deal compared to all the other places in the area. People in the town complain and should have a means in which to do so.

The Perry affair is something, again, which is topical and I do not think to be slanderous. In terms of clamping cars, they have made themselves unpopular (as have many pubs which have agreed to their scheme) in the same way that a rogue traffic warden may do. This is something commented on in the local press and is therefore topical. Should accusations that are unsubstantiated arise, they too would be deleted.

As for deleting anything that I disagree with, believe me there have been posts from a number of people that have been deleted, generally quite slanderous, and lots that I agree with (generally the ones with the good spelling though!!) :D

This, hopefully, should be the last time I need to waste my time in answering the same old arguements as it's getting a bit tiresome having to justify every justifiable decision made with a lengthy response.

Please let this be an end to it for the sake of all users of the site. People don't log in here to argue or to be offended, this was not the site that existed in recent years.

No, not at all!

The rival town affair is reasonably non-specific and generally related to the issue that Bedlington gets a poor deal compared to all the other places in the area. People in the town complain and should have a means in which to do so.

The Perry affair is something, again, which is topical and I do not think to be slanderous. In terms of clamping cars, they have made themselves unpopular (as have many pubs which have agreed to their scheme) in the same way that a rogue traffic warden may do. This is something commented on in the local press and is therefore topical. Should accusations that are unsubstantiated arise, they too would be deleted.

As for deleting anything that I disagree with, believe me there have been posts from a number of people that have been deleted, generally quite slanderous, and lots that I agree with (generally the ones with the good spelling though!!) :D

This, hopefully, should be the last time I need to waste my time in answering the same old arguements as it's getting a bit tiresome having to justify every justifiable decision made with a lengthy response.

Please let this be an end to it for the sake of all users of the site. People don't log in here to argue or to be offended, this was not the site that existed in recent years.

Yee knaa :D

A good point Cympil!

What I am on about however, you shouldn't really need to question. Why somebody should need to share with us a picture of an African chap just to laugh at the size of his lips is beyond me, and I'm sure many others. The genetic traits of a race of people really isn't something that I'm sure many folk want parodied on this site, maybe it could be kept for the BNP and KKK sites (if they have one?). It really isn't necessary as I'm sure you're aware of. The internet is full of a load of racist nonsense, and I'm sure it's very easy to find, so if you want to read it, people can do it elsewhere.

I'm sure somebody will counter-argue that none of the posts are so, however, really on all the topics that could be discussed (global warming, poisoned spies, performance artists and Yoko Ono eating a corgi to protest against the queen) there is absolutely no reason to bring the topic round to the race issue at all.

I would assume that intellegent folk would have more sense than to need to be so childish.

OK, sorry to be picky, but did this picture contain a man wearing a lip disk?

Or were we just plain looking at the huge lips?

A good point Cympil!

What I am on about however, you shouldn't really need to question. Why somebody should need to share with us a picture of an African chap just to laugh at the size of his lips is beyond me, and I'm sure many others. The genetic traits of a race of people really isn't something that I'm sure many folk want parodied on this site, maybe it could be kept for the BNP and KKK sites (if they have one?). It really isn't necessary as I'm sure you're aware of. The internet is full of a load of racist nonsense, and I'm sure it's very easy to find, so if you want to read it, people can do it elsewhere.

I'm sure somebody will counter-argue that none of the posts are so, however, really on all the topics that could be discussed (global warming, poisoned spies, performance artists and Yoko Ono eating a corgi to protest against the queen) there is absolutely no reason to bring the topic round to the race issue at all.

I would assume that intellegent folk would have more sense than to need to be so childish.

Oooh well, this is the picky bit -

I'm not a fan of people who put across arguements with faults in them :rolleyes:

Soooo:

Lip Disks [in the picture] are not a genetic trait. The lip disks do not run in the blood of families.

Its a cultural tradition.

Cultural traditions can be weird and wonderful, some make us laugh,some make us squirm - the lip disk being a weird/why the hell do they do that? kind of thing.

Someone found it funny - so they posted it...on the general topics board.

What's the problem?

It's general..it's interesting [to some] and its a topic.

Meh. I just don't see how finding things that differ from our race interesting/weird/abnormal to us..can be racist?

No-one was being nasty.

Oooh well, this is the picky bit -

I'm not a fan of people who put across arguements with faults in them :rolleyes:

Soooo:

Lip Disks [in the picture] are not a genetic trait. The lip disks do not run in the blood of families.

Its a cultural tradition.

Cultural traditions can be weird and wonderful, some make us laugh,some make us squirm - the lip disk being a weird/why the hell do they do that? kind of thing.

Someone found it funny - so they posted it...on the general topics board.

What's the problem?

It's general..it's interesting [to some] and its a topic.

Meh. I just don't see how finding things that differ from our race interesting/weird/abnormal to us..can be racist?

No-one was being nasty.

Well said Rachi :D

I love weird/abnormal stuff me :D

Well said Rachi :D

I love weird/abnormal stuff me :D

Aye, like Tree man?

Haha what was the crack there?

Sorry - two topics in one here but wow!

i think we need a topic for what we think is weird/abnirmal, could be a laugh haha

Aye, like Tree man?

Haha what was the crack there?

Sorry - two topics in one here but wow!

i think we need a topic for what we think is weird/abnirmal, could be a laugh haha

Wey Tree Man just woke up one day with a few spots on his face which then turned into branch-like tumours.He had them cut off at hospital but they just grow straight back..the doctors don`t know what it is. So now,his family just cut bits off with scissors and knives to keep it down a bit!

He`s now joined a group called "The Association of Strange People" which basically is a troupe of four people who appear at fairs and he earns £165 a show.You coulds say he`s branching out :lol:

Wey Tree Man just woke up one day with a few spots on his face which then turned into branch-like tumours.He had them cut off at hospital but they just grow straight back..the doctors don`t know what it is. So now,his family just cut bits off with scissors and knives to keep it down a bit!

He`s now joined a group called "The Association of Strange People" which basically is a troupe of four people who appear at fairs and he earns £165 a show.You coulds say he`s branching out :lol:

Ewwwwww!

Got any pics?