The Shows Are Here!

Rickety rides, large groups of suspicious looking charvs and a hell of a lot of caravans.

Its that time of the year again!

Lock up your dogs everyone: The Shows have come to Bedlington!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rickety rides, large groups of suspicious looking charvs and a hell of a lot of caravans.

Funny you should say that! my mates dog has went missing this afternoon and he thinks the gypos have thieved it,it`s a staffy cross and answers to Patch...it`ll be easy to spot coz it`s nipples are like conkers coz it`s not lang since it had pups.also,if you talk to it ,it`ll say "OOH"

So if you see it anywhere near the gypo site or wandering around Bedlington can you leave a post and let me know..Thankyou :D

Very exciting. :mellow:

So not exciting..i can`t stand the shows,even as a kid..they should ban them..all the side shows are rigged,the shows themselves are dangerous and cost a fortune and the whole place is full of dodgy dorty rip-off merchant gypos..

Where do they put the shows now? I remember them being where the new court house is...............and on the 20 acres on Picnic Day. I can smell the toffee apples and candy floss just thinking about it! :rolleyes:

The car park behind Somerfield/Presto/Sainsbury/Whatever. Opposite the Monkey.

You've always been an expert in travelling showmen stop-off points. I'll be in the pub about 6 the neet if you're out.

Six is do-able.

Dress to impress.

dress to impress what the kids? i can just see it now denzel and colonel standing there white white track suits on, looking like 188188 men trying to pick up the local chava's at the shows! :lol: :lol:

Where do they put the shows now? I remember them being where the new court house is...............and on the 20 acres on Picnic Day. I can smell the toffee apples and candy floss just thinking about it! :rolleyes:

It does bring back memories Esme, the days of the dodgem cars and waltzer, it was a rough old field in them days and the Doctor pit was still working. The coconuts never seemed to fall off when you hit them, it was as if they were glued on. If you won on the bingo you got a cheap chalk ornament. Good days.

:D

You forgot to mention the stench coming from the near-by bushes :lol:

It does bring back memories Esme, the days of the dodgem cars and waltzer, it was a rough old field in them days and the Doctor pit was still working. The coconuts never seemed to fall off when you hit them, it was as if they were glued on. If you won on the bingo you got a cheap chalk ornament. Good days.

:D

I'm not old enough to remember the Doctor Pit still working!

I'm not old enough to remember the Doctor Pit still working!

My father worked in the Doctor pit. He lost his arm in a coalcutter, a few months after I was born.

Joe.

so has any one had out stolen or been mugged since the thieving gypsy b*****ds are about!

i see the prices are still ripping! £2 a go and you cant go on by yourself!

i wonder if perry would dare clamp a gypo caravan! :lol::lol:

Edited by Mr Darn

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now