Thought It Was Bigger Than That

On my days off, I drive for a bus company, usually school runs..Today I did a baths run, from Bedlington Station to Ashington baths..Now, I used to go to the station school, and the playground then seemed gigantic, seen it today, its so, so small, could hardly believe it..Dont things seem big when your a kid? Mars bars were twice the size, summers were hotter, and lasted forever, and when it snowed the snow lay for weeks..

Did anyone else go to that school, when Mrs Muter was there, And Miss Scott was the head mistress, Mr Gorman, Mrs Foreman :o

On my days off, I drive for a bus company, usually school runs..Today I did a baths run, from Bedlington Station to Ashington baths..Now, I used to go to the station school, and the playground then seemed gigantic, seen it today, its so, so small, could hardly believe it..Dont things seem big when your a kid? Mars bars were twice the size, summers were hotter, and lasted forever, and when it snowed the snow lay for weeks..

Did anyone else go to that school, when Mrs Muter was there, And Miss Scott was the head mistress, Mr Gorman, Mrs Foreman :o

I used to go sometimes..i think me record was a full 12 days out of the year :lol:

I can`t remember any of them teachers though, i probably didn`t stay long enough to find out their names :blink:

I went to Barrington but I remember Miss Scott, she was originally the Headmistress at Barrington and then moved to the Station school. That was in the fifties. She swooped places with Miss Topping as I recall.

:D

Which station school you on about?High school or another one?

I went to Barrington but I remember Miss Scott, she was originally the Headmistress at Barrington and then moved to the Station school. That was in the fifties. She swooped places with Miss Topping as I recall.

:D

Did they have schools in those days Pete?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now