Coronavirus Bedlington

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, Bedlingtonian said:

Northumberland County Council have apparently called on the Government to introduce greater lockdown restrictions.

Was this discussed at council meetings with our local area councillors? 

My money is on 'No' but @Malcolm Robinson & @Bill Crosby could prove me wrong😌

• 3 weeks later...

Very quiet!

Newcastle upon Tyne. 499 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 29 Sep-5 Oct.

1,510 cases in the latest week 29 Sep-5 Oct +760 compared with the previous week
5,420 total cases to 08 Oct

Today it is announced that another 1600 students have tested positive in Newcastle Universities!

Why should Northumberland Council ask to be grouped with the likes of Newcastle? 

36 minutes ago, Bedlingtonian said:

Very quiet!

Newcastle upon Tyne. 499 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 29 Sep-5 Oct.

1,510 cases in the latest week 29 Sep-5 Oct +760 compared with the previous week
5,420 total cases to 08 Oct

Today it is announced that another 1600 students have tested positive in Newcastle Universities!

Why should Northumberland Council ask to be grouped with the likes of Newcastle? 

Did I miss something on tonight's news? I don't read newspapers and only rely on the daily TV news for updates. This evening the wife was in the kitchen when the NE news started and announced the new figures so I rewound and put the TV on hold until she came in so she could here the updated for herself (I'm often accused of not listening and distorting the facts ☺️).  I haven't seen anything about NCC wanting to be grouped with Newcastle so we would be placed under the same restrictions as Newcastle to try and reduced the spread of the virus.

I thought it was the government, based on the number of new cases for Northumberland, Newcastle  etc., that would have the say in what restrictions were put in place.

Then it would be down to the minority to ignore the restrictions, party on and spread the virus among those that don't get many symptoms and hospitalised, so they could eventually spread the virus out to the more vulnerable.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now