Helping us.......

Big shout out to a company with a big heart.

I was asked on Tuesday if I could try and help as one of our schools was running out of hygiene supplies. At work on Wednesday I went to see the factory manager. After explaining the situation his reaction…………..”if we have it take what you need!” Hats off Sir you are a gentleman.
Left work with a car full of supplies!

The company………..Greggs!

One of our biggest local companies helping our small community!

When this is over we will remember…………….

image.png

• Like 2

Anybody remember a capaign in infant schools in the early 1950s to promote good hygiene? Or maybe it was just Netherton? At the infant school we all had to have a toilet bag with a soap (in a proper soap box), a toothbrush and toothpaste (Gibbs dentifrice - small round tin with a pink block of something that tasted like Germolene ointment), a comb and a face flannel. These bags hung on our coat pegs and during the morning we were lined up at the few sinks to take turns at being instructed in their use. Now's a good time to bring a bit of that back - the soap and hand-washing.

Good on ya Greggs! How about a few pasties for the nursing staff of the area.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

Was this it??????

That's it!  

But, as I remember it, it wasn't a powder, more a block of - something rather like a soap. You wet the toothbrush and worked up a sort of 'lather' on the block and then brushed your teeth with it. Tasted vile!

Had to wet the brush to rub it in.............

I was still getting a little bottle of milk or orange juice at school at the time!  

One thing I do remember........quite a few kids used to pass out at assembly and I asked my old man why?

"Poor buggars haven't got enough to eat!".  

Nostalgia isn't always rose tinted!   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malcolm Robinson said:

I was still getting a little bottle of milk or orange juice at school at the time!  

The orange juice bottle was a squared off rectangular bottle, my first experience of a spirit level! thanks to my creative dad.

Wasn't that juice nice? bit nicer than the cod-liver oil the rest of our family had....

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now