Soup spoons

Wouldn't have a clue @Tonyp - there are two supermarkets - Lidl & Morrisons but I've never been in them:)

Probably 30 years ago, when we used to live in Cramlington the  Safeway supermarket  used to sell cutlery, or you got pieces free depending on how much you spent, and the mother-in-law used to keep getting us pieces, every week:wtf:.

We couldn't feed an army but we could set the table for a squad of soldiers:thumbsup:  

Thanks Alan I've been on there sites but not available thing is most soups in Hungary are made with chunky veg & meat goulash etc. Probably think I'm been pedantic but you can't get any liquid on your spoon 😂  But it's annoying remember when I was a youngster going with my grandma to my great uncles who lived in bells place on a Saturday for cakes & watching the wrestling nice times. My uncle had loads in he's kitchen some of them were solid silver "wouldn't mind some of them." Anyway just have to looking thanks again Tonyp

Lidl is probably your best bet in Bedlington these days now Keenleysides is gone. You might need to buy a cutlery set though. Then you're probably looking at Wilkinsons at Cramlington. Asda at Blyth will almost certainly have them failing that.

What a pity I couldn't reply earlier! Could have saved you a bob or two. Plenty of soup spoons on Amazon at better prices. However, a good tip is to have a look in charity shops. They get so much cutlery and china from house clearances that they don't know what to do with it all. A couple of years ago I needed cutlery and china for a 3 course meal for 80 people. Hiring was out of the question (far too expensive). I managed to buy everything I needed, even the serving dishes, for under a tenner at the nearest charity shop. Then I gave it all back after we'd done with it. Might be worth a try if you're looking for anything else.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now