https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/540

Doesn't look like all those thousands of our money spent on "Publicity services and local paper column writing" delivered any results Ian!  I'm fascinated to know what those six items below £1 are, and how much in administrative costs that fiver or so you couldn't spare incurred.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, threegee said:

I'm fascinated to know what those six items below £1 are, and how much in administrative costs that fiver or so you couldn't spare incurred.

MP Travel - whatever that is 

Ian Lavery expenses.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Beginning of the financial year, mileage allowance 45p/mile.  He can't have already clocked up 10,00 miles in 28 days to be getting the reduced rate of 25p/mile - can he? 90p gives him a two mile journey for each log entry. Maybe he just popped out for lunch: Hare & Hound, up Pimlico way, Star & Garter, south bank, Fiddler's Elbow, Camden Town, The Granny Knot, Bayswater, The Frog & Whistle, Lambeth - the list is endless depending on direction from place of work. 

Mind you, I'm assuming he was alone in the car because otherwise he'd be entitled to an extra 5p per mile for every "qualifying" passenger and that makes the maths too difficult (wish I'd paid more attention to Miss Wilkinson)!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Canny lass said:

...90p gives him a two mile journey for each log entry...

And here's me imagining it was for six of Bercow's car stickers!

bercow-bollocks-brexit.png?w=540&ssl=1

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

• Want the best local news sent to your inbox daily? Sign up to our newsletter
      The simplest sign an area is growing in popularity is when house prices start to increase - which can help identify the most sought-after towns in the North East.
      According to the latest figures from Rightmove, a number of towns and villages across the region have seen significant swings in average property prices in recent years.
      The new data shows the average value of homes in each area in July 2017 compared with the same month in 2020.
      In the past three years, average house prices have soared in certain areas by as much as almost 25%.
      The locations people are most desperate to move to in the North East are quieter locations to settle down and raise a family, particularly in Northumberland.
      Here are the top nine areas of the region which have seen the biggest house price percentage increases since July 2017. Check out properties for sale on InYourArea.

• Similar Content

• By Maggie/915
      These days are children may not see the need to vote!
      Democracy may not be good for all, but it is said to be the best of the alternatives.
      I cannot imagine a time when we did not have the privilege to vote.
      This is a topic that I think demands discussion.
      We now feel the politicians can be corrupt.
      The local council used to be referred to as Ali Baba and the forty thieves.
      Vote for Malcolm Robinson MP for Bedlington
  • Latest Topics