Fresh fruit and veg

Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to buy fresh fruit and veg? Used to use Hillheads in Killingworth when we lived in North Tyneside but would love to find something here in our new area. I'm a huge fan of buying locally grown stuff and I always found the fruit and veg from Hillheads lasted way longer (and tasted much better) than what you can get in the supermarket.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated :)

1 hour ago, minitoonmook said:

Morning all,

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to buy fresh fruit and veg? Used to use Hillheads in Killingworth when we lived in North Tyneside but would love to find something here in our new area. I'm a huge fan of buying locally grown stuff and I always found the fruit and veg from Hillheads lasted way longer (and tasted much better) than what you can get in the supermarket.

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated :)

@minitoonmook:-  as I haven't lived in Bedlington for years now I am not up to date with the retail wharehouse etc. in the area. The only two I know of are in East Sleekburn, A J Wholesale and Seaton Delaval, Laidlers but I have never been to A J Wholesale so no idea what, if anything, they sell to the general pubic:huh:.  Laidlers do distribute throughout the area but I know my wife used to call into their premises on Double Row, Seaton Delaval to buy fruit & veg but hasn't used them for a couple of years. 

The last one I heard of in Bedlington was TJ Fruiters, Front Street West, but think they are closed now :(

Frut & Veg.jpg

Laidlers.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now