Things to Do in Bedlington!

If you check the likes of TripAdvisor you will no doubt come across the best things to do in Bedlington however who in the town would agree with their suggestions. 

Perhaps we can suggest things that we should preserve for the town. i.e.

1. Bedlington History Society

2. Bedlington Community Centre

3. Bedlington Social Club

4. Bedlington.Co.UK

5. Bedlington Library

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2019 at 19:28, Bedlingtonian said:

Perhaps we can suggest things that we should preserve for the town. i.e.

1. Bedlington History Society

2. Bedlington Community Centre

3. Bedlington Social Club

4. Bedlington.Co.UK

5. Bedlington Library

Unfortunately it's trying to convince the younger generations what should be kept. People of my age, 70+, have totally different ideas to the younger generations and it's getting the younger generations involved in what's on the front street and not what's on-line:)

Hi Alan. Just read topic on young ones. Different world today from ours. I left bedlington many many years ago. Mistakenly thinking when I was young that there was nothing to do there. Mmm. Thinking back now. 2 cinemas  2 dance halls a roller skate hall. Out door swimming pool. Lovely woods to walk through. Etc . Sadly most gone and now realise how well off we were. Lovely memories to have at least. Regards 

31 minutes ago, Jr6468 said:

Hi Alan. Just read topic on young ones. Different world today from ours. I left bedlington many many years ago. Mistakenly thinking when I was young that there was nothing to do there. Mmm. Thinking back now. 2 cinemas  2 dance halls a roller skate hall. Out door swimming pool. Lovely woods to walk through. Etc . Sadly most gone and now realise how well off we were. Lovely memories to have at least. Regards 

@Jr6468  I remember those places well - it was January 1969 when I first left Bedlington, for London. Leaving behind The Prince of Wales & The Wallaw (had already closed as a cinema) - The Clayton Ballroom & Skating - The Domino - Humford open air swimming baths (think it was already closed or on the verge of closing by then)  - the YMCA  & Moscadinni's (for the Station teenagers, Bacci's for the Top End teenagers) etc. 

Wallaw and Prince of Wales.png

Humford Baths with floater.jpg

1May 1973 text.jpg

ClaytonBallroom with info.jpg

ClaytonCornerBedlingtonStation.jpg

Club Domino2.jpg

YMCA Bedlington Station.jpg

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account