Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

The Lairds House - on the mend?

Jimmy Milne's aad hoose ..isn't it...wasn't it!...and was it not the top club for a while...next i thi Post Office?

Somebody was weel off who built that hoose!

For aal a lived in Bedltn till a got married,a nivvor knew the history of that place,tha was a luvly orchard behind there,us kids cudn't wait for this time of year ti gaan raiding aal thi apple orchards!...[slap me hand ....Sir...!]..a hevn't been doon thi street for a waak for a lang lang time..oot o touch noo Alan!

1 hour ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

Jimmy Milne's aad hoose ..isn't it...wasn't it!...and was it not the top club for a while...next i thi Post Office?

The Top Club was the last time the building was used and there have been many posts on various sites about what has been planned for it. 

I think the info @Andy Millne posted some plan drawings a couple of years ago was last I saw on it. I haven't searched the NCC web site planning applications  lately as you spend ages going through all the documents and then months down the line everything is rejected  :(. This time I will just wait and see what happens. I can't find Andy's post so suspect it has been closed down.

Never knew when it was build Bill but Just found a photo from when it was up for sale and there is a date - 1777 - inscribed above the door :- 

1777.jpg

Top Club.png