A New Class Of Member

We are about to create a new class of Bedlington.co.uk member. Current thinking is that this will be called a Contributor member, though this is open to suggestions.

Contributor members will have five times the disk space that ordinary members have. To become a Contributor member you'll need to create at least two albums in the galleries, or have one album and a Blog. Both must contain some worthwhile content - just creating a Blog and a near empty album won't qualify!

As this is a site for Bedlington I presumed the content of the gallery would have to be of local interest (the Bedlington area) which means exiles who use this site would not usually be able to post or contribute in the gallery! and therefore couldn't be a Contributor, if that isn't the case then what is expected content of the gallery?

Yes, this is a site for Bedlington, but not neccessarily about Bedlington.

There is no longer just one galley, there are four. One is for pictures of the general area (not just the Town) - which are to be auto-resized and displayed on the homepage - soon! The other is for people and events. The third, and fourth are for whatever strikes anyone's interest.

Additionally, albums can be made private or shared with a selected group of members only. There's no requirement for any albums to be publicly browsable, and of course members can now create multiple albums.

Lots of historical stuff about the place has been taken away. So, this is also an opportunity for it to be scanned and restored to our heritage in electronic form.

I don't need the disc space, there's lots of that on the web so what is the point of this?

There's everything on the web, but not necessarily in the right place! :lol:

Do you think we should just sit back and let giant American corporations run our lives?

There's everything on the web, but not necessarily in the right place! :lol:

Do you think we should just sit back and let giant American corporations run our lives?

Could be worse, they may come from Ashington.

Registry Whois

Domain name:

bedlington.co.uk

Registrant:

DirecToU Limited

Registrant type:

Not supplied

Administrative contact's address:

DirecToU Limited

PO Box 22

ASHINGTON

Northumberland

NE22 5YZ

England

Registrant's agent:

Directou Ltd [Tag = DIRECTION]

URL: http://www.directou.com

Relevant dates:

Registered on: 18-Sep-1998

Renewal date: 18-Sep-2008

Last updated: 26-Oct-2006

Registration status:

Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:

ns1.dtu.co.uk

ns2.dtu.co.uk

WHOIS lookup made at 00:15:23 08-May-2007

Could be worse, they may come from Ashington.

Registry Whois

Domain name:

bedlington.co.uk

Registrant:

DirecToU Limited

Nope, it's a Bedlington company, and always has been. It's the PO that force the use of Ashington since the Station sorting office closed down. But - of course - that's the whole point of the site. :lol:

I think you are talking rubbish, blame the post office, I don't think so. 460.gif

Not blaming anybody, just repeating what I was told. If the PO have changed their policy then maybe they should tell their paying customers? :lol:

Fact is that the sorting office is at Ashington, as they closed the Bedlington Station one. Something which hasn't helped local business at all. Not the only thing they've closed in Bedlingtonshire either! :(